• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Discobs 2023

George BM

I haven’t really noticed the smell of smoke today nor does it seem as bad as several weeks ago, though it’s still a continuation of a subpar weather pattern that’s existed since at least last Fall. Hoping that El Niño can shake things up at some point, possibly kicked off by tropical remnants.

7 hours ago, nj2va said:

Considering our average high is 89-90, this summer has been mild.  Even when we're in the low 90s, that's only a few degrees higher than normal.  Our summers have been way more tame here lately.  They seemed hotter back in the 2010s.

2010-2012 really skewed what the perception of hot is.  For example, 100s are really uncommon, and are often clustered.  So every year has less than a 20% chance of hitting that mark.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

As much as we haven’t had a lot of high heat, July is solidly AN…especially for BWI and IAD.

warm overnight lows continuing to do it - mid-upper 70s are routine now, even outside the cities.  We basically have a Central FL climate at the height of summer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

One of the better downpours of the season here with some decent thunder. Even getting some training action with a third cell moving in.  0.75” so far.

Just noticed some activity out there.  Frederick is in line assuming they don't fizzle out crossing the Blue Ridge (losing daytime heating probably won't help).

7 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Yeah, my lawn is 80% brown. I may have to water my dogwood tree soon, I don’t want it to die. 

Been living here 6 years and never seen anything like this. My lawn is crunchy, trees looking like it’s almost fall, creeks dried up, ponds dried up to nearly half empty. And doesn’t look like any real rain chances soon. 

IMG_2787.jpeg

IMG_2788.jpeg

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic