• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July Banter 2023

George BM

We are still skiing top-to-bottom out of Main Lodge and it's the middle of July! 

https://www.mammothmountain.com/on-the-mountain/mountain-report-winter

They STILL have skiable snow up there! It's unbelievable! At a time when high temperatures here in south central Tex are averaging about 102 degrees, these guys are wearing coats and STILL skiing!

Man I need to move there! I'd keep them dug out of the snow, according to Jebman Standards!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/8/2023 at 7:33 AM, mappy said:

Ooof I’m battered and bruised this am. Took a line drive to the face at second last night, tipped my glove at the last moment before hitting my jaw area, thankfully deflected the worst of the smack. Then made a diving play to win us the game. 

Definitely sig material.

17 minutes ago, mattie g said:

All my co-NVSL peeps know what this is about. Suffice to say that this is what we strive for every season, and we’re so proud to be on this list.

This makes it three years in a row for our team!

IMG_3057.thumb.jpeg.a18215152dcfbd724bf1b5bba2b0e451.jpeg

Congrats. mattie! I've no doubt that your swimmers, as well as you and the rest of the parents deserve it.

And, oh yeah...Overlee...and "sportsmanship"...like, in the same sentence:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Last week at Midland for me. 

Orioles in first place and the future looks incredibly bright.

Started a healthy lifestyle journey and already paying off. 

We hit the road a week from today. 

Life is trending in the right direction ^_^

YOU BET IT IS!

I am so happy for you, that I am far happier than I'd be if I was somehow living in northern VA and getting four feet of wind driven snow! You WILL get the 4 feet of snow, where you are going! Between the strong Nino, and the elevated sea surface temps and a beast of a subtropical jet and an unusually frigid air mass, a storm will develop in Jan 2024 over the Mid Atlantic and the snow will simply dump and dump and dump and you will be right in the middle of the forecasting of this EPIC event! There will be training thundersnows!

This upcoming winter will go full-on George BM and then some! His forecasts will be conservative.

One more thing, Millville.

The trend is your friend!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

Congrats. mattie! I've no doubt that your swimmers, as well as you and the rest of the parents deserve it.

And, oh yeah...Overlee...and "sportsmanship"...like, in the same sentence:

giphy.gif

Thanks! I think once you create the culture, the expectations to act in a manner that can win you that award follow suit. Divisionals on Saturday was madness (though a blast) at our pool, and winning that award was the icing on the cake!

I was shocked to see one of the "big three" win the award, but I can only assume they did *something* that led to the other teams voting for them!

22 hours ago, CAPE said:

Os with the second best record in MLB. Up by 2 after taking 3 out of 4.

Pretty good start to a tough second half stretch.

Ryan O'Hearn channeling his inner Steve Pearce this weekend ... and for that matter, all year. Pearce seemed to always get the big hits in 2014. 

This team is definitely the best O's team since 2014. Picking up Miller at the deadline gave the O's that year three horses in the pen, along with O'Day and Zach; that bullpen was nearly untouchable down the stretch, IIRC.  I'd like to see this year's O's get another powerhouse reliever to go with Bautista and, especially, Cano, who I worry will get overworked. (And, no, unfortunately I don't think Fujinami is the second coming of A. Miller.)

• Like 1

On 7/23/2023 at 2:51 PM, MillvilleWx said:

Last week at Midland for me. 

Orioles in first place and the future looks incredibly bright.

Started a healthy lifestyle journey and already paying off. 

We hit the road a week from today. 

Life is trending in the right direction ^_^

On 7/23/2023 at 4:43 PM, Jebman said:

YOU BET IT IS!

I am so happy for you, that I am far happier than I'd be if I was somehow living in northern VA and getting four feet of wind driven snow! You WILL get the 4 feet of snow, where you are going! Between the strong Nino, and the elevated sea surface temps and a beast of a subtropical jet and an unusually frigid air mass, a storm will develop in Jan 2024 over the Mid Atlantic and the snow will simply dump and dump and dump and you will be right in the middle of the forecasting of this EPIC event! There will be training thundersnows!

This upcoming winter will go full-on George BM and then some! His forecasts will be conservative.

One more thing, Millville.

The trend is your friend!

We have had some memorable snow falls up here. Now if we could just get some rain. @MillvilleWx drag any moisture you can with you next week. Do not let the green fool you when you roll into town. The tree line behind my house is looking quite pathetic and bedraggled. As it is supposed to go scorched earth tomorrow, we will get no help. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Chris78 said:

With Bautista and Cano not available it made it interesting but they got the win.

Who's their center fielder now? Hicks injured.

Cowser?   The team definitely has the next man up mentality, so they should be fine. How long is Hicks out for, I thought it was only a cramping issue. 

13 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

We have had some memorable snow falls up here. Now if we could just get some rain. @MillvilleWx drag any moisture you can with you next week. Do not let the green fool you when you roll into town. The tree line behind my house is looking quite pathetic and bedraggled. As it is supposed to go scorched earth tomorrow, we will get no help. 

Going to try my best. I'll scoop up some Gulf on the way here. Hopefully I can bring the rain!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

The possible good news is that Mountcastle will probably get more playing time. Some regular at bats and maybe he could get hot.

Is Stowers healthy? I don’t think he’s the guy to take over CF but maybe get him a few more games of big league experience.

I figure McKenna will be back but Cowser will get regular starts. Maybe McKenna and Cowser become a righty/lefty platoon.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic