joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July has arrived ... the Meteorologically defined mid summer month

Typhoon Tip

18 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

enjoy the next week as much as you can <3

floop-epsens-2023072912.500h_anom-mean.conus.gif

Looks like the GEFs are a bit less enthusiastic ... at least they were on the 06z means - heh, might help to check the 12

But either way, two aspects that go against that being very meaningful.  

Sun slips into medium wattage on Aug 10+ 

Persistence.  That's not the first time I've seen that attempt to fill from the east this summer way yonder range, and we just ended up right back here.

11 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Looks like the GEFs are a bit less enthusiastic ... at least they were on the 06z means - heh, might help to check the 12

But either way, two aspects that go against that being very meaningful.  

Sun slips into medium wattage on Aug 10+ 

Persistence.  That's not the first time I've seen that attempt to fill from the east this summer way yonder range, and we just ended up right back here.

looks like flooding transitioning to dewpoint heat imo. i wonder how hot it'll get when we actually get a summer with a western trough 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s so much dew and summer left after a quick mild down. Will likely go down as most humid summer we’ve ever had in the  6 state region . Not hot .. but the dews will be recalled as fantastic for JAS for hundreds of years after we tally it up . Tally dew  Ho!

Hundreds of years from now this will probably be considered arctic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m not seeing anything like the past few days on the models. Maybe I’m blind but I see average to just below with some low dew days and some tropical dew days. But I am seeing more drier days than we have had. I don’t want to rush the pattern to autumn yet and want to enjoy some more summer. Each season for its own. 

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s so much dew and summer left after a quick mild down. Will likely go down as most humid summer we’ve ever had in the  6 state region . Not hot .. but the dews will be recalled as fantastic for JAS for hundreds of years after we tally it up . Tally dew  Ho!

No doubt that this stretch of dews has been remarkable. The heat, as you said, nassomuch.

And as Tip said, summers back is broken after this next cold front. Deal with it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Weather_or_Not said:

Lol at summer’s back being broken on July 30. One cool(ish) week doesn’t mean the season is over. Very short-sighted.

That phrase is always so laughable . People think a mild down in Augdewst means summer is over . Everything has been pointing at it being a brief mild period before the high humidity and stormy pattern builds back in . The signal has been clear across the board of that building back in between about Aug 8-10 on . 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That phrase is always so laughable . People think a mild down in Augdewst means summer is over . Everything has been pointing at it being a brief mild period before the high humidity and stormy pattern builds back in . The signal has been clear across the board of that building back in between about Aug 8-10 on . 

You down from Brokeback?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Gentle 0.40” synoptic rain today.

Been a dry 24-48 hours so glad the ground can stay soggy.

Wasn’t that gentle here. Was on the 7th hole of our member/guest tournament. They shut it down because the water table is so high the cours became saturated almost immediately. Ended up with .61”