Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2023

Stormlover74

23 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

At my dads in south wantagh and not a drop. This place is literally the thunderstorm graveyard of the region. Might have the lowest precip total for the month in the entire state at the wantagh masonet sight 

WAR protecting you at no cost.

WX/PT

2 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

At my dads in south wantagh and not a drop. This place is literally the thunderstorm graveyard of the region. Might have the lowest precip total for the month in the entire state at the wantagh masonet sight 

There's an email link somewhere in the mesonet page, if you ask someone from the team will answer your questions. I've contacted them a few times and they've always replied. 

The next 8 days are averaging   80degs.(72/88) or +2.

Reached 88 here yesterday at 4pm---H.I. of 101.

Today:  84-88, wind variable to s., variable clouds, Rain by midnight, 76 tomorrow AM.

77*(90%RH) here at 7am{was 75 overnight}.    79* at 8am.      81* at 9am.     83* at Noon.      83* at 3pm/4pm.      80* at 5pm.

77/ 70 and partly cloudy.  Humid warm with isolated storms.  Upper 80s / near 90/low 90s today in the hot spots.  Humid and storm chances Sun (7/16) and Mon (7/17) where and when the sun is out it will warm up quickly.  Tue (7/18) -  Fri 7/21 continues warm to hot with storm chances but strong heat skirts the area and chance for some mid up upper 90s one or two of those days.

Sat (7/22) continued warm, and storm chances with the area being skirted by strong heat into or nearby.  A brief cool down has been consistent in the 7/23 - 7/24 period.  Western Atlantic ridge near by and expanding will bump up against trough into the GL/NE and create warm humid flow with pieces of the western ridge pushing storng heat in pulses east.  Should we get more of a hook between the ridges it will sustain the warmth.

GOES16-EUS-02-1000x1000.gif   

12 minutes ago, SACRUS said:

77/ 70 and partly cloudy.  Humid warm with isolated storms.  Upper 80s / near 90/low 90s today in the hot spots.  Humid and storm chances Sun (7/16) and Mon (7/17) where and when the sun is out it will warm up quickly.  Tue (7/18) -  Fri 7/21 continues warm to hot with storm chances but strong heat skirts the area and chance for some mid up upper 90s one or two of those days.

Sat (7/22) continued warm, and storm chances with the area being skirted by strong heat into or nearby.  A brief cool down has been consistent in the 7/23 - 7/24 period.  Western Atlantic ridge near by and expanding will bump up against trough into the GL/NE and create warm humid flow with pieces of the western ridge pushing storng heat in pulses east.  Should we get more of a hook between the ridges it will sustain the warmth.

GOES16-EUS-02-1000x1000.gif   

For the 17th to the 21st. what model is showing mid to upper 90's?

5 hours ago, Rtd208 said:

Flood Watches up from both Mt. Holly and Upton from late tonight thru Sunday evening for widespread 1-2" of rain wlocalized amounts of 3-5". We'll see.

The rains have been mediocre outside of NW NJ so I'm not getting my hopes up. 

But at least it's better than last July

7 minutes ago, TWCCraig said:

Smoke returns to the skies starting Monday according to the RAP. I hate this stuff!

trc1_int_f51.thumb.png.1a34d02b62f4f4fc727393c4d9e35109.png

I don't think its a sustained enough NW flow pattern for it to really hang around long though or in high concentration near the surface.  I think the worst of it remains west.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TWCCraig said:

Smoke returns to the skies starting Monday according to the RAP. I hate this stuff!

trc1_int_f51.thumb.png.1a34d02b62f4f4fc727393c4d9e35109.png

Has already returned to the Northern Plains this morning.  Nasty stuff.  I agree with "SnowGoose69" that NW flow should not be persistent enough to sustain it for a continued period of time and effects here should be mainly hazy skies.  Not expecting low level smoke or smoke smell this go round.

SATELLITE SMOKE.jpg

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I don't think its a sustained enough NW flow pattern for it to really hang around long though or in high concentration near the surface.  I think the worst of it remains west.

18 minutes ago, MANDA said:

Has already returned to the Northern Plains this morning.  Nasty stuff.  I agree with "SnowGoose69" that NW flow should not be persistent enough to sustain it for a continued period of time and effects here should be mainly hazy skies.  Not expecting low level smoke or smoke smell this go round.

Aware, just noting the fact it returns here Monday aloft. I don't like our days being hazed over with smoke. It blocks out the sun, makes the sky look dull and gray as if it was cloudy, and actually keeps temps down a little.

• Like 1