Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

81/68

I expected a lot more cloudiness and shower/storm activity up here today.  It has turned out to be a mostly sunny warm and humid day.

The smoke to the north has not made much progress south.  My skies are still very blue.  I have never seen so many fires to our north.  Quebec province is mostly clear but look how many fires are burning!  I have never seen this before. Of course out of sight-out of mine so people in the Northeast big cities don't realize how big of a deal this is.  I would assume most people think the fires are  put out.

smoke1.jpg

• Like 2

This is definitely some of the worst I’ve seen for smoke.

ASOS are widespread 2 mile vis now.  Up here it still seems a mile at best.  It is very thick.

We missed the earlier smoke plume a few weeks ago.

D8CDFA14-C2BD-4D6E-A988-6FD28F160AE0.gif.035eb9feb96d9f365f17e6cf3b1691fd.gif
“This event is reminiscent of the Memorial Day Smoke Out event in 2010, but in some cases has become even worse with regards to air quality based on AQI estimates. Several airport sites are now indicating visibilities below 3 miles, and we have received reports of dense smoke in areas including the northern Champlain Valley and Northeastern Kingdom of Vermont. Unfortunately, this smoke will be stuck and even expand farther southward down the Champlain Valley through tonight.”