Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Pretty much peak blueness potential right now…solstice at solar noon. The less atmosphere for the light to travel through the less blue that is scattered away. 

Up to 80.4°

Yet another day, that seems to me like an over performer in these last few weeks. We’ve ended up with more sun and warmth than the forecast would have predicted, and that is continuing. Tomorrow will suck, but maybe we get some sun on Sunday. As long as it’s not cold and damp the tomatoes will do just fine with the temperature not getting below 60 at night as long as the sun comes out a bit 

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Overnight it will arrive up here.

That's what was said yesterday - it's a day late but probably not a dewpoint short.

8k is pretty high when you’re spiking straight up from sea level. 

Or why the Japanese Alps may be the snowiest place on Earth.  Siberian cold passing over the Sea of Japan = Tug Hill times [a lot].

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

This winter was a God send to them. Love to see it.

It did that 6 years ago ...though I don't know if it was as much this last winter... Many res  filled and water flowed but within 5 years they were right back in a f'ed desiccated state.   We'll see if this has any longer term benefit.  The problem with irrigating California as I've read hydro science is that their topography is such that they these hefty single season deals tends to run out before the deep geology is reached. They need not be blitzed but have nominal impact over multiple seasons.  Interesting...

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Dew train has arrived, 75/65F 

I guess it beat the overnight .. .I was impressed at how noticeable it kept getting down here.  Meanwhile, WPC is still analyzing the warm/stationary front down around the lat of S NJ. 

https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/sfc/90fwbg.gif

16 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I guess it beat the overnight .. .I was impressed at how noticeable it kept getting down here.  Meanwhile, WPC is still analyzing the warm/stationary front down around the lat of S NJ. 

https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/sfc/90fwbg.gif

Surrounding stations were all on the rise earlier so it was inevitable the cave was coming, It’s been a below normal regime up here close to -3F for June, Overnight mins should cut into some of this after back to back nights in the 40’s.

44 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

KFIT bangin' away with a 64 DP again when BDL/HFD/ASH/BED are all 70 ...   I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because MHT and BOS are in the mid 60s but the doubt is still there...

81/70 here and I'm 7 miles from that ob

FIT airport is a downslope pit so they tend to run warmer on temps but colder on dewpoints with the adiabatic drying they get. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dendrite said:

ASH runs high anyway. FIT looks spot on.

062323dews.gif

Yeah south wind today which is one of the few directions they don’t downslope. So they shouldn’t be too much lower than surroundings like when it’s a N wind or any other wind with western component to it. 

42 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Every single day starting today has dews 68-74 thru day 10

NAM won't back down on Sunday ... The profile off the FOUS would support about 89 at BDL...  probably that warm at ASH/BED up my way, too.  MET's 85-87

DPs are all 66-68 but given that we're already 69 and 70 at these sites and Will and Brian think that FIT is spot on some how...I guess we won't expect to be 70 DP on Sunday  LOL  

just kiddin guys.   Yeah I don't know... I've been by FIT many times because I live here. It's not nearly enough of a topographic nadir there to create the consummate -4 to -6 that it always carries.   But hell ... maybe it just is what it is.  This may not be the best time to exempfify, as we're differentiating the DP in association with a shallow warm boundary that probably mixing down unevenly ...blah blah.