Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

15 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

severe_ml_day3_all_gefso_061512.png

Wouldn't be shocked to see something in the lower Hudson into SNE.

hmm this targets a bit farther southeast then I was thinking. But at least the NAM anyways develops the strongest CAPE across SNE. Shear profiles are impressive with some good turning across the region too.

I'm on day 2 of 80s...

No complaints here.   8 days of the month were some less then optimal ... some worse. But 4 day's worth were down right summery. If we make 75 to 82 the next several days, that's pretty seasonal.  

It seems more and more so ... folks cannot tolerate seasonality - it has to be drama or there's something wrong.  haha...   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I ran the last 30 days in CT . I wish I could have also included the last 12.. so we could get close to 45 days but it only lets you do by month, I’m not surprised at all but this local area has been dry . Just snapped this on the town green. I get it’s short term and localized.. but it has been very dry and one 2” rainer in May made up almost all of it . Hopefully Freaks forecast  today of good rains comes to fruition.  Fingers crossed. 
v7egbMJ.jpgchiyhFW.png

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I ran the last 30 days in CT . I wish I could have also included the last 12.. so we could get close to 45 days but it only lets you do by month, I’m not surprised at all but this local area has been dry . Just snapped this on the town green. I get it’s short term and localized.. but it has been very dry and one 2” rainer in May made up almost all of it . Hopefully Freaks forecast  today of good rains comes to fruition.  Fingers crossed. 
v7egbMJ.jpgchiyhFW.png

You should run what it’s got up here.

Been very dry since May 1, lawns in spots look much worse than that.

I just never feel nor care for non-native cut grasses.  It should be brown in summer if cut short.  It’s just not a good native indicator of dry.  We’ll get rain this week anyway.

Ill try to get some pics of “damage” with burnt Rec fields.

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

You should run what it’s got up here.

Been very dry since May 1, lawns in spots look much worse than that.

I just never feel nor care for non-native cut grasses.  It should be brown in summer if cut short.  It’s just not a good native indicator of dry.  We’ll get rain this week anyway.

Ill try to get some pics of “damage” with burnt Rec fields.

Looks similar to here . Without that one one random rainer in May.. all of us would be in dire straits. Let’s hope your soakings can work out. I’m on your train .

EcGinbt.png

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

v7egbMJ.jpgchiyhFW.png

My lawns not brown but it's certainly not greened up like it was earlier in the spring.

@Damage In Tolland heres your chance at some good dews

This is largely dependent on the model of choice as
the NAM/GFS dew points are quite high resulting in higher
instability values. These dew points may be too high as they
indicate some low/mid 70s dew points are possible. Have leaned more
toward dew points in the upper 50s to low 60s for now
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

I have no idea what BOX is talking about. Nothing shows dews even close to 70.

45 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Fish knew. Nailed 3 days of dews 

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

18z GFS constructs a monster heat pregnant ridge sprawling at continental scales in the D7 to 14 range.

but like I said earlier… About every two cycles, these models vacillate back to these meanders aloft with cool pool instability convection. 

• Like 1

A/C is on tonight.

Strong south winds gusting through the windows earlier, and it’s still 72/59 at 10:30pm.

Windows shut and mini splits on… can’t do 70s outside after 10pm without A/C.

We are staying well-mixed and breezy ahead of the rain.  BTV at 77F still.  FVE at 73F is interesting too.

1F5B9A6F-22F7-4BC1-9DCC-2A75923CACA3.gif.9ad37a16782ef21e22f9c372041b655d.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

ehhh I was hoping there would be some room for some storms in SE NH or NE MA tomorrow but going to be too dry aloft I think. Though models do peg some QPF...but certainly enough that can validate chasing. THE SHIT SHOW CONTINUES

There is nothing remotely special about Nashua for severe weather 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

A/C is on tonight.

Strong south winds gusting through the windows earlier, and it’s still 72/59 at 10:30pm.

Windows shut and mini splits on… can’t do 70s outside after 10pm without A/C.

We are staying well-mixed and breezy ahead of the rain.  BTV at 77F still.  FVE at 73F is interesting too.

1F5B9A6F-22F7-4BC1-9DCC-2A75923CACA3.gif.9ad37a16782ef21e22f9c372041b655d.gif

There Are those that really like sleeping at their  ideal temp Who run ac more and those that seem to be “ok” using other means or I would guess just run “cooler”

My gf’s parents rented a house in Nantucket last year , it had A/c but we were on same floor as her mother who gets “cold” so after I laid it bed literally sweating for about an hour , I went to the basement where it was a perfect 65 and slept like a baby . That is really one of my very few pet peeves , I could sleep in a room that’s 40, just add blankets . I had a girlfriend that used to sleep with some sort of face covering because she froze lol but I only had on a bed sheet . 

33 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Or anything else for that matter. 

Correct 

used to be much nicer 20 years ago , not nearly as violent as Manchester ( and I don’t say this as someone “better” but  just a lot of poorly planned young moms and so *many recovery homes where those that relapse just hang around *

The SW side by Hollis is still nice