Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2023 - tracking the tropics

mcglups

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I should know better than to reply, but you force me... lol...  No where does he indicate a hit... all he says it will pass by out "LATITUDE" before the we can exchange air masses!  going by at 40/60 or 40/65 does not do anything except monster surf...  You are the king of teases Kev, and you know it... lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

Hope that Korean model run was right :wub:

I believe it was the first model back in Feb 06 to show the Feb blizzard as a big hit that year….and it ended up it was right. That was Probably the last it’s been right…lol. 

Edit: sorry I’m thinking of the JMA…but they’re probably in the same league. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hoth said:

There is something special about tracking a cane. I think the most sleep deprived I've ever been was the week leading up to Sandy.

Loved tropical for as long as I’ve been alive. I can’t get enough…but I’ve done it enough to learn to keep expectations in check. Idalia was literally 10-20 miles from being a total bust for me. Hour 0. At the very last minute. Laura goes a few miles west at the last second and I end up with decent rather than the wildest wind I’ve ever seen in a legit category four eyewall. 

People will tie themselves in knots over the run to run variations but this stuff at this range is virtually meaningless. 

41 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

HAFS going nuclear is a major flag. Thought this one would be big a while back, but historic is on the table if it can avoid an early ERC. 

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I always enjoy a good cane x-section.

canexsect2.png

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952u0xusnqw2v3sfrgaw

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FXWX said:

I should know better than to reply, but you force me... lol...  No where does he indicate a hit... all he says it will pass by out "LATITUDE" before the we can exchange air masses!  going by at 40/60 or 40/65 does not do anything except monster surf...  You are the king of teases Kev, and you know it... lol

A top 5 contender for the post of the year award!!!

• Weenie 1