joxey
May Discobs 2023

George BM

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

0.3-0.4” here. Slow and steady, so should soak in well. Next Saturday looks like next rain chance :rolleyes:

GFS brings us some moisture with the midweek disturbance. That camp is lonely though. Majority of guidance keeps it south.

12 hours ago, CAPE said:

GFS brings us some moisture with the midweek disturbance. That camp is lonely though. Majority of guidance keeps it south.

Overnight guidance has trended towards bringing some rain further north for Tuesday night. Still looks like the heavier rain will be southward in our region.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CAPE said:

Overnight guidance has trended towards bringing some rain further north for Tuesday night. Still looks like the heavier rain will be southward in our region.

Your grass will be going dorment soon.  Its already dry here today after .45 yesterday .  Looks rather dry next 7 days. As the days continue to get longer and we approach June looks like wateribng flowers and garden will be needed.  

6 minutes ago, frd said:

Your grass will be going dorment soon.  Its already dry here today after .45 yesterday .  Looks rather dry next 7 days. As the days continue to get longer and we approach June looks like wateribng flowers and garden will be needed.  

My grass starts to go downhill by mid June, regardless of how much rain falls. Just too hostile for a cool season tall fescue in the middle of the woods, with well drained soil, and the long hot Summer days.

• Like 1

@frd

Probably as good as it gets right now. Too bad the days don't get shorter from this point forward lol. I'll take another picture in a month, and the difference will be shocking. It will only get worse from there lol. I only try to keep a small area of decent grass now(what you see here) so reseeding it every Fall isn't a big deal.

garden.thumb.jpg.554f71f31278bf476e01c9caae7e5f5d.jpg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

@frd

Probably as good as it gets right now. Too bad the days don't get shorter from this point forward lol. I'll take another picture in a month, and the difference will be shocking. It will only get worse from there lol. I only try to keep a small area of decent grass now(what you see here) so reseeding it every Fall isn't a big deal.

Looks nice,  as does the fire pit area. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Damn CAPE that is beautiful!  I look out my back window and I see the back wall of 5 houses 25 feet away LOL

Thanks. The view out front isnt what it used to be. Wasn't a house in sight but now there is one on the lot next door, but still a couple hundred feet away. A lot closer than I am used to though. I have to watch my tongue(and volume) when I am outside working and something pisses me off now lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, CAPE said:

@frd

Same here. One year (2016??) it stayed WAY wet and it survived thru to the next year before dying off in July 2017 lol. 

20 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Nice rain this morning, had 0.11 at 7 am report time, around 0.15 since then and still lightly raining. 

Just clouds up here....really need some rain up here... less than half inch since that Thursday downpour 2.5 weeks ago...Saturday at work just to our east in Charlottesville it was a deluge , here .03..

On 5/13/2023 at 4:05 PM, CAPE said:

Looking at radar over that way. :yikes:

You should stop at the DFH store in Rehoboth and pick up a 4 pack of Utopias barrel-aged 120 min, and a couple bottles of aged WWS or 120s. Worth it.

Dang...wasn't logged on to see this! Really wish I had been. :(

It f'ing poured from about an hour before the wedding (started at 4:00) until about 8:00 and then drizzled after that. Complete washout, but the reception was inside, so all was good!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jrlg1181 said:

Just clouds up here....really need some rain up here... less than half inch since that Thursday downpour 2.5 weeks ago...Saturday at work just to our east in Charlottesville it was a deluge , here .03..

Hmm, well, since the 1st of the month I've had 1.15 here, not including since 7 am this morning. Amazing you're only an hour or so northeast. Still lightly raining and a bit over .4 since it started around 5 am. Temp still hasn't crossed the 60 mark either. 

Today is nice (not quite legendary, but nice). The next step is getting temps into the 80s with a light, humid southerly wind component followed by scattered afternoon storms as opposed to this nickel and dime nonsense. Much nicer Spring overall than last year, though.

• Like 1

Don't usually post on Disc Obs here, since I am so far from the Mid Atlantic, but just couldn't resist:

Dale City has 14 inches of rain so far this year.

Buda has 15.70 so far this year.

I know, I know, you guys are gonna surpass me any time now. You get 45 inches a year, I get 30.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CAPE said:

Thanks. The view out front isnt what it used to be. Wasn't a house in sight but now there is one on the lot next door, but still a couple hundred feet away. A lot closer than I am used to though. I have to watch my tongue(and volume) when I am outside working and something pisses me off now lol.

Where I live, I look north and see a house about 700 feet away.

South Texas is bliss!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!  :) :) 

• mappy unpinned this topic