Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Discobs 2023

George BM

9 hours ago, WesternFringe said:

Sleet mixing in with the rain here in Augusta county northwest of Staunton. Car thermometer says 38°
17799f35107a3d6ce7cc2c659136390c.jpg

I noticed when I was in Clifton Forge around 5 pm today just after the fog/drizzle lifted that the tops of mountains to NW near KHSP were white. That is 4000+- elevation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WEATHER53 said:

31 for a low

DCA needs to remove the canopy over top of the temperature measuring devices so it’s not +10 from stations 1-5 miles away 

I am about 5-6 miles away from DCA and my low was 37 (so 3F cooler than DCA - which is about right).  DCA is meant to represent the urban area of DC + Arlington/Alexandria.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

38.  Not surprised that temps are all over the place with calm conditions.  I am surprised that Dulles is relatively warm (37) compared to many other places.  DCA at 43 tracks the other urban core temps.

Dulles is definitely starting to develop some sort of UHI as that area continues to grow.

The freeze warning was def a bit excessive for the more urban locations in and around DC - DCA only got down to 41 which was also my low in Tenleytown.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic