Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Napril 2023 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That's all she wrote.  Third Sunday in April means it's time to shut 'em down.

No one around here can remember a final week quite like this though.  Starting Easter Sunday it has just been full on torch with wall-to-wall sunshine.  Not a cloud in the sky right now either and temps on same pace they have been the last 5 days.  About 70F at 11am in the valley and upper 50s at the summit.  Should add another 10F to these again.

4 straight record high temps on Mansfield I think today will be if it can clear 63F at summit (already 58F).  I'm sunburnt, tired, and living almost entirely on grilled meat and beer.  Almost time to get off the ride.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

That's all she wrote.  Third Sunday in April means it's time to shut 'em down.

No one around here can remember a final week quite like this though.  Starting Easter Sunday it has just been full on torch with wall-to-wall sunshine.  Not a cloud in the sky right now either and temps on same pace they have been the last 5 days.  About 70F at 11am in the valley and upper 50s at the summit.  Should add another 10F to these again.

4 straight record high temps on Mansfield I think today will be if it can clear 63F at summit (already 58F).  I'm sunburnt, tired, and living almost entirely on grilled meat and beer.  Almost time to get off the ride.  

Beer 

Meat 

• Haha 1

Heh...

if there were ever a signal for a late April snow, what I'm looking at would do it.  

Seasonal change will do everything in its power to make sure it doesn't happen ... leaving only butt bang weather for a week and a half as the residue. But right here right now there are both tangible and intangible suggestions there.

I warned this might happen, with a blocking down wind of a warm burst.. There's both historic/statistical precedence, but also Meteorological reasons to look for that.   Well boom! 

There's a bit of irony in the notion that the warm enthusiast's party will likely result in a cold hangover ...ha.  Question is, how much so?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Brewbeer said:

about 3 inches of rain from those storms in my hood, driving back from Enfield was sketchy, I've not see that many flooded streets in years

Yup I had about the same. Torrential rain for at least an hour with lighter B4 and after. Tons of lightning and loud cracking thunder. A little pea size hail for good measure too. Lots of mud. At least three inches. Such a small area really hammered. Other parts of Springfield farther north and west very little.