Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

7 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

You are at 200’ in valley..even if edge   . They tried to ...ahh ok good luck 

There is something to what he says. My family is from Simsbury and I work there currently. Been observing this area for 50 years (well more like 45) This is the type of storm where all bets are off as far as location. Half the time we get lucky and side closer to lower hill town weather. Fine line for sure, but my gut feeling is we do OK here. I mean, I was never expecting 2 feet from this storm anywhere anyway, so...

7 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

There is something to what he says. My family is from Simsbury and I work there currently. Been observing this area for 50 years (well more like 45) This is the type of storm where all bets are off as far as location. Half the time we get lucky and side closer to lower hill town weather. Fine line for sure, but my gut feeling is we do OK here. I mean, I was never expecting 2 feet from this storm anywhere anyway, so...

So true even in Canton downtown near the Simsbury line is a much different world  than north canton near granby and barkhmasted with some elevation 

• Like 1

The capture is far too north and late now into the GOM..a far cry from some of yesterday's earlier runs that backed the storm in east of the Cape with a solid ccb to a lot of EMA. I think the winds will be strong here..but for a shorter duration. 

I guess the Euro/3K NAM would be decent, and maybe we can tick this back south a bit at 12z

25 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

16 minutes ago, Johnno said:

So true even in Canton downtown near the Simsbury line is a much different world  than north canton near granby and barkhmasted with some elevation 

We are right on the line. 

• Like 1

I'm squarely inside BOX's 12-18 zone.  That said, it won't take much fro me to get knocked down to the 8-12.  Based on recent guidance--and the uncertainty--I think it prudent for everyone outside of Northern Worcester County to be prepared for results in the range-level below where BOX has them.

The 9-17 in my P/C reflects this pretty well.

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It is very much topographic related. Any marginal profile storms are 

My point is your elevation would not matter because of the marginal airmass above (in worst scenario). Seeing signs of mid level warming, and dry slot. This is why nw CT and berks are Jacks and me to you are biggest question marks. There is a nightmare scenario for you where I have heavy snow falling and you dryslot, I'm not favoring that scenario at all for the record. 

You should also stack after the flip because of colder air at elevation compared to me. Hoping dynamics will overcome here.