Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

17 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

You reallyyyy.... Really really don't get how this works.... do you?  

I can go see 10 feet of snow anytime.  It's about having it WHERE you are from.  In your backyard.  I thought everyone on here had this mentality.  

I used to be like that, only care what my backyard gets but I came to terms with my climo. I basically live in the ocean, but when I ski I go up north so I care how the ski areas are doing. So I’m ok with my area getting rain while NNE gets buried. I would much rather have a strong low plowing into western mass leaving me with rain than a mid Atlantic blizzard where I get fringed with a few inches of sand. 

1 minute ago, George001 said:

I used to be like that, only care what my backyard gets but I came to terms with my climo. I basically live in the ocean, but when I ski I go up north so I care how the ski areas are doing. So I’m ok with my area getting rain while NNE gets buried. I would much rather have a strong low plowing into western mass leaving me with rain than a mid Atlantic blizzard where I get fringed with a few inches of sand. 

I had no idea you lived in Taunton.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm behind ..and trying to catch up to the end of hall that seems to be running away like a nightmare... haha

but just as Will and I have been pointing out, this shows ... a little increase in that ridge ( more w-e than n-s but there is some of both ...) and the N stream is set upon a slightly farther E dive. 

very critical in a scenario with ass vomit polar rot for air massing

Watch that 546 line at the Chimney of Idaho. That's the key that PNA ridge

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Well , if we take a step back ...it is pretty awesome to be able to track a system like this ..and as Ray was telegraphing for months ..he very much liked this period 

Having potential beats a boring pattern for sure....it's just too bad we've not been able to get some good polar or arctic highs timed up with any of our threats. Yeah, its been a torch winter, but even within that background state, you will still run into a few solid highs out of shear dumb luck, but we haven't been able to do it. Can't remember tracking so many storms that had almost no good ageo flow tapping into a decent airmass....almost every single system this year is trying to overcome a putrid BL.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Well , if we take a step back ...it is pretty awesome to be able to track a system like this ..and as Ray was telegraphing for months ..he very much liked this period 

Thanks man. We preached patience with Mariano River warming up in the bullpen. Hope he gets to come in now and save winter for some.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Having potential beats a boring pattern for sure....it's just too bad we've not been able to get some good polar or arctic highs timed up with any of our threats. Yeah, its been a torch winter, but even within that background state, you will still run into a few solid highs our of shear dumb luck, but we haven't been able to do it. Can't remember tracking so many storms that had almost no good ageo flow tapping into a decent airmass....almost every single system this year is trying to overcome a putrid BL.

To me, that's been the amazing aspect of this winter.  NO shortage of storms, but horrible antecedent air masses.