Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 4 2023 Storm Obs

MaineJayhawk

Just now, dmcginvt said:

Its dumping so hard now.  Literaly pouring snow.  Took the dog for a walk and after 20 minutes we were covered by a half inch.  Vis is near zero, 100 yards and I couldnt see my house

https://share.icloud.com/photos/002do0rPLhp-r63_8YYHZ8_rw 

Just a sick very heavy band from MPV general area over to GYX Maine lifting slowly N

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

From 250 am Box Disco

The trend may
be for total snow accumulations closer to the lower end of the
ranges for most. The higher terrain towards the NH/VT border remains
the most likely locations to see the greatest snow
accumulations. 

Not sure what happened but the MD was right.  It just started dumping here and I went from 1/4 in to 3" in an hour.  we must be under optimal dgz because these flakes are silly.  thick and heavy and coming down like a thunderstorm.  No thundersnow though.  

6 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

From 250 am Box Disco

The trend may
be for total snow accumulations closer to the lower end of the
ranges for most. The higher terrain towards the NH/VT border remains
the most likely locations to see the greatest snow
accumulations. 

Agreed unless things change not feeling good about this storm, I agree with you I’m at exit 5 plow in a commercial account about 3 1/2 inches on vehicles, 2 1/2 3 inches on pavement untreated surfaces

4 minutes ago, 512high said:

Agreed unless things change not feeling good about this storm, I agree with you I’m at exit 5 plow in a commercial account about 3 1/2 inches on vehicles, 2 1/2 3 inches on pavement untreated surfaces

Id like to see the radar start filling in better over The N mass area to our south . We got 4-5 hours until the BL makes it harder to accumulate during the day , current radar turned a bit shredded looking and that needs to fill in a little better in my opinion over next hour . Anything that falls after 9am is likely going to compact what has fallen or have difficulty accumulating unless we wanna play that game where we need 1/4M visibility snow to gain ground . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Id like to see the radar start filling in better over The N mass area to our south . We got 4-5 hours until the BL makes it harder to accumulate during the day , current radar turned a bit shredded looking and that needs to fill in a little better in my opinion over next hour . Anything that falls after 9am is likely going to compact what has fallen or have difficulty accumulating unless we wanna play that game where we need 1/4M visibility snow to gain ground . 

Agreed as I’m typing this back to you or using voice to text in the truck. It is just dumping snow again light breeze, but this is cement when you stop the truck that pile ain’t moving.

• Like 1