Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2023

George BM

4 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

Sounds like we approach Trek from the same critical angle.  :)  Given that, I think you will REALLY enjoy Picard S3, certainly more than the first two seasons, as it definitely feels more ST than before. And a GREAT point about ST: Prodigy, didn't mean to leave that one out -- I did watch the first season and was pleasantly surprised at the writing and storyline, and thought the voice cast was quite good. I like that Prodigy's creators/writers not only respect canon, BUT, that they're writing a thoughtfully mature show that's aimed at younger viewers without insulting their intelligence.

And AHHHH, "In the Pale Moonlight" -- agree 500%! An episode that forces us all to consider, "To what lengths will I go to achieve my objectives?" Still get chills watching that one...and it's no accident that it often appears at the top of (or within the top 3) of best ST episodes of all shows/all time!

Not sure if it is on Paramount + but ST Enterprise where they show the parallel universe, I loved the way Capt Archer runs his ship! I loved that stand up agonizer, it even had these cute little lights on the top! I should probably go live in Shanghai China for real. What was so fun and totally gratifying, was Doc Phlox all happy and contented as people got agonized, Sure I'm morbid, I love a good kickboxing match with Tong Po. I am likely quite the sick pup.

This probably explains why I love avalanches so much, and the Donner Party thing back in the 1800s. Chilling, isnt it? And the Andes adventure in 1974. Don't forget my FAVORITE: The Everest Expedition in May 1996!!!!!!! I lovingly watched that at least 10,000 times! I really enjoyed watching people making poor decisions on the mountain in the blizzard! They stayed past 2pm, they paid the Price! I love Mount Everest, adored the Icefall, and loved that WIND and snow and the ALTITUDE!

Man I wub this movie so much!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jebman said:

Not sure if it is on Paramount + but ST Enterprise where they show the parallel universe, I loved the way Capt Archer runs his ship! I loved that stand up agonizer, it even had these cute little lights on the top! I should probably go live in Shanghai China for real. What was so fun and totally gratifying, was Doc Phlox all happy and contented as people got agonized, Sure I'm morbid, I love a good kickboxing match with Tong Po. I am likely quite the sick pup.

You're always a breath of fresh air, Jeb...you're the reason that many of us still take wonder-filled "Jebwalks" in the snow, years after you left this area...  :D 

And I appreciate your shout-out for ST: Enterprise, which is definitely included on P+. When it came out around 2001, most diehard and casual ST fans were suffering from Star Trek fatigue, at least on TV...and I feel that show was underrated and not given a fair chance at the time. ST:E had a great cast, and pretty good writing and story arcs, especially in its final two seasons. I think the passage of time has helped Enterprise to be less critically judged, and more readily accepted in the ST realm. I know I enjoy it more when I watch it now, 20 years on...  ;) 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, CAPE said:

@vastateofmind

Drinking one of these from RAR. Pretty darn good!

Fresh J's | RaR Brewing

Thanks, man! You always help me keep a fresh/tasty "buy to try" list.  :)  Love the RAR beer goblet, too!

Also, thought of you when we picked this up last week from one of our favorite VA breweries....it's oustanding.

image.thumb.jpeg.1f4cc22435a638b6d0890ac3bcf44c07.jpeg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Huge upset.

Bracket buster

Yeah. And this is why I no longer invest the time/energy into bracket building.  :D 

On a brighter note...what a delightful spring day. Got up to 66 IMBY between 2-3 p.m. Incoming showers tomorrow, and then....the first ugly mowing of the front/back yards come Sunday or Monday, during chillier temps.  :) 

29 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Yeah. And this is why I no longer invest the time/energy into bracket building.  :D 

On a brighter note...what a delightful spring day. Got up to 66 IMBY between 2-3 p.m. Incoming showers tomorrow, and then....the first ugly mowing of the front/back yards come Sunday or Monday, during chillier temps.  :) 

Beautiful day. Played baseball with my son for 2 hours. Felt great outside.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I saw that and wish it was a day game,

Unrelated, this is a new release and I had it the other night. Good stuff and nice to have a good light option.

image.jpeg.e9a36ab9c89abe651176567502a197ad.jpeg

This looked like a great recommendation....although I couldn't find it when I went to Wegman's this morning, so instead I stumbled on this little collection from Southern Tier in western NY state, and thought....what would you, or @CAPE or @Scraff do in this situation?? Well, y'all would probably buy this box. And yes, based on that internal thought process, this box found its way into my cart, and into my garage fridge.  :) 

image.jpeg.8ae9fd937a037a5f9831e133c254db4a.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vastateofmind said:

This looked like a great recommendation....although I couldn't find it when I went to Wegman's this morning, so instead I stumbled on this little collection from Southern Tier in western NY state, and thought....what would you, or @CAPE or @Scraff do in this situation?? Well, y'all would probably buy this box. And yes, based on that internal thought process, this box found its way into my cart, and into my garage fridge.  :) 

image.jpeg.8ae9fd937a037a5f9831e133c254db4a.jpeg

Does your Wegmans carry Nepenthe products?

And yes, the box is the way to go. 

• Like 1

Magnificent bluebird day on the Palisades slopes today with highs near 40 degrees! Most lifts are running now. They FINALLY managed to dig the 4 feet of wet snow off the 8200' level platform! It took FIVE fricken guys, one with a snow blower and the other wielding a skid steer, to get the snow shoveled! Geeze folks! I coulda done it in 18 hours with a Jebman Shovel, all by my lonesome! Don't you dare let an old man like myself show you how to shovel the snow at Palisades! Get with the Program, Tahoe! You got another storm headin' your way by Sunday! Two more feet of fresh pow! Don't make me come up there and school you about how to dig the snow!

• Like 1

Cut down a Red Mulberry tree today. Let it grow for about 15 years thinking I would get some berries from it at some point. Turns out there are male and female trees. And only the females make berries. I have been growing vegetables for decades. But never really put any effort into trees so I didnt know. I am now. Planted apple and pear trees this year. Anyways. I damn near killed myself today. I cut the notch a little too deep and figured it would be fine. Went to cut the back cut and the frikin tree started falling over before I even started the cut. I am not a spring chicken anymore, mid 50's, and lucky for me the tree fell dead smack in the direction of the notch or It would have killed me. My wife was freaking out. :). She said well YOU WILL be hiring someone to cut trees down in the future. I cut the tree up, stacked it and grabbed a cold beer. Felt like a kid again. :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic