• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Currently monitoring guidance for March late 3rd through the 4th for the next ( beyond the 28th) significant event

Typhoon Tip

Makes no sense complaining about something one has no control over. As in this comment and those that lament over snowfall it's really futile. Should be plus/minus on amounts, best guess opinion on model output. Take it like a man!
Regardless of what transpires here on out the season is lost, an OFF year.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah, last year is a pretty good example of that. I pulled 3/4 of climo in one event. The rest was kind of meh.

That’s what I think of your climo, ha. It’s either 0” or 12”+ events.  Which is why I’d never count you guys out for not having an ok winter.  Percentage wise of snowfall, you guys can make up serious ground with one system.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

That’s what I think of your climo, ha. It’s either 0” or 12”+ events.  Which is why I’d never count you guys out for not having an ok winter.  Percentage wise of snowfall, you guys can make up serious ground with one system.

It’s been like that lately but not usually the case. Been a strange last 5 seasons.  Plenty of decent events in 20-21 and even 18-19. 

8 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Fwiw hour 36 (and may not be worth anything), using the test of the ULL placement in Arkansas vs. Missouri at 12z Friday... 0z NAM looks just as north and amped as 18z run... 

And that propagates further downstream... by hour 45, 0z NAM is still in Indiana while 18z GFS was shooting east in Iowa

It’s getting close enough to the storm that I’m going to take a stab at it and make a forecast. My initial thoughts of 4-6 inches looks like it was too aggressive.

southern NH/VT: 2-4 inches before going over to sleet and then rain

Pike to southern NH/VT: 1-2 inches before going over to rain. Maybe a bit of sleet as well.

south of the pike: Mostly rain, maybe a quick burst of non accumulating snow before a quick transition to rain.

Where will the low be? I think it’s going over my noggin. 

• Weenie 2

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This actually may end up a little south of 18z. But it’s still pretty amped overall compared to other guidance 

It’s definitely ever so slightly colder in your neck of the woods from 18z.  It’s not much of a change overall, but even 15-20 miles may mean a lot for some in Mass.