Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 28th-March 1st long duration Miller B threat

George001

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I mean this is life at d7-10. Most of these models have relatively similar physics and schemes. A slight change in time with s/w spacing/strength and your consistent bomb becomes a weaker event or vice versa. We had storms seemingly coming out of nowhere Feb 15. But people have to expect guidance to change as we get closer no matter how consistent modeling is in the LR. So it really comes down to expectations. There’s multiple threats on the table so making a specific storm thread a little early isn’t a bad thing…it cuts down on the confusion in the monthly disco thread. 

Yeah, still days for changes coming too.  Hard to lock in Day 5-6 solutions as the end result.

28 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Just catching up on overnight…Euro was pretty meh and that’s a concern. GFS still looks pretty solid, 06z NAM was still garbage. Looks like RGEM bumped north and Icon was pretty much status quo. 

Imo…Euro doesn’t carry no where near the weight it used to…JAM(just another model) now. Is it still major league, sure. But the GFS is just as good now.  GFS has been pretty steady with 6-8” for a lot of SNE…I think that’s still doable at the moment. Unless things fall apart..which is always a distinct possibility this winter for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro looked pretty good for CT. Maybe even up to the pike with a bit of ML banding…but I’m def gonna want to see a stronger shortwave ejecting on the 12z runs today. 

Lol…nothing is strong for us here this season, but everywhere else it’s monster storms all over the f’n country. And then we get the junk. Sad. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I’ll take it . I mean what else you gonna do 

There’s still some upside to this one too. Get that weenie E-W band going and there could be some nice surprises. But we don’t want this shortwave coming in any weaker that’s for sure. Would feel a lot better about ticking this a little more potent at 12z. 

• Like 4

6z Euro/EPS ticking in the other direction. Something has to give 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

There’s still some upside to this one too. Get that weenie E-W band going and there could be some nice surprises. But we don’t want this shortwave coming in any weaker that’s for sure. Would feel a lot better about ticking this a little more potent at 12z. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Will do you have any Gut feeling on how this trends or what the goal posts are regarding its “intactness” upon approach