Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 28th-March 1st long duration Miller B threat

George001

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Will do you have any Gut feeling on how this trends or what the goal posts are regarding its “intactness” upon approach  

There’s competing forces going on. The SE ridges always make me leery of northward shifts. However, with the block in place opposing the SE ridge, we run a risk of a weaker shortwave getting sheared/shredded in the meat grinder between those two. 

So I’m kind of expecting a shift north, but worried that it may come with a weaker system smeared out into like a 3-6” type event. That’s why I’m rooting for the stronger shortwave ejection on these next few cycles. If we can get it a touch stronger, it’s going to produce some really nice fronto bands with that geopotential gradient in place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

This is moving towards a forgettable event for many.  Some snow but nothing to really get excited about.

It could still end up the biggest storm of the year for some so there’s that.

At least this winter will help cure weenies of their obsession with -NAO wrt to snow.  
Doesn’t always work out, hey?

• Like 3

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This storm looks to have potential to get the folks that have had the least snow some of the better totals. Hopefully it doesn’t become congrats NW NJ.

I hope it does, if the alternative is 2” here.

We need to see a more consolidated system on the 12z runs or it’s game over 

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think their record low is 8.2” for a season so they are in epic territory. This system is starting to look pretty decent for them though. 

Still worried about ticking warmer near game time if this trends north, but I think northern CT is in good shape. Would probably hedge conservative near the shoreline.

13 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Still worried about ticking warmer near game time if this trends north, but I think northern CT is in good shape. Would probably hedge conservative near the shoreline.

I think W CT is where it’s at in SNE for this one .  Cut the State in 1/2 SW/NE and SW side looks good . I’m not sold the CCB gets going in any capacity for E SNE But maybe some are 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

12/23/97 off the table?  lol  

I mean, look at the 12/23/97 shortwave…it really wasn’t that impressive. But it had a nice neg tilt and held together just enough to pull that moisture in. 

We’re still not sure what caused the 6-8” per hour rates in that. Really bizarre. 

• Like 1