Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 28th-March 1st long duration Miller B threat

George001

3 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

The tree it is again. From wne thru cnh over into Maine 

A stronger secondary on the trajectory its on would not bode very well up here unless it was further north, As it stands right now, This is probably our best scenario with the primary moving over us.

15 minutes ago, dryslot said:

A stronger secondary on the trajectory its on would not bode very well up here unless it was further north, As it stands right now, This is probably our best scenario with the primary moving over us.

Yea that’s what’s getting it twisted—an us vs them scenario. 

NNE wants a SWFE (primary holds on indefinitely) whereas SNE and north Mid Atlantic want a legit Miller B. The snowfall outcome is very much capped (everywhere) at moderate scale outside of an outcome that results in a weak primary that quickly transfers to Del Marva and then phases with the Northern Stream Shortwave, somewhere south of the Cape. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Yea that’s what’s getting it twisted—an us vs them scenario. 

NNE wants a SWFE (primary holds on indefinitely) whereas SNE and north Mid Atlantic want a legit Miller B. The snowfall outcome is very much capped (everywhere) at moderate scale outside of an outcome that results in a weak primary that quickly transfers to Del Marva and then phases with the Northern Stream Shortwave, somewhere south of the Cape.

Exactly, There lies the two camps, Outside of that one weenie run, Its morphed into more of a SWFE at the moment, Still time for some more changes though, But i think for up here, We've hit the ceiling.

1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

When the NAO is this negative, and flow is slow, I say let cyclogenesis work its magic off the east coast strong vort be damned. You’re more likely to get positive surprises than negative, so long as temps are supportive.

But that all ties into the s/w too. You aren’t getting a good low with a POS s/w.

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Exactly, There lies the two camps, Outside of that one weenie run, Its morphed into more of a SWFE at the moment, Still time for some more changes though, But i think for up here, We've hit the ceiling.

I see a hybrid (late bloomer) in EPS and UK. GFS mostly SWFE.

ukie most miller B like, GFS least, EPS in between 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

But that all ties into the s/w too. You aren’t getting a good low with a POS s/w.

I mean, I get that. You’re talking 988 type low at the high end. It’s capped but at a slightly higher level imo, than the alternative.

I just think more can go right, with a legit miller B, and much more can go wrong with a SWFE given the players.

Just now, jbenedet said:

I mean, I get that. You’re talking 988 type low at the high end. It’s capped but at a slightly higher level imo, than the alternative.

I just think more can go right, with a legit miller B, and much more can go wrong with a SWFE given the players.

I think the Miller B stuff is off the table for the most part. Just hope as that system moves in, we get a decent thump. A strung out Or suppressed s/w won’t help. 

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The first was... the S-SE warm wall is a semi-permanent artifact of the La Nina/-PNA.  We've been in a very well coupled hemisphere since the 3 weeks around Xmas when it broke down and yielded that hybrid Nino look.   Point is, it was not modeled to really go away prior to this thing getting injected through as it was back whence.    My blunder is not supplying enough obvious recognition to the fact that moving a S/W up and over the top of a ridge arc supplies a -NVA term across all DPVA deltas along the way.  We see this as "damping" effect in the cinema of the runs..  

Yep. Euro last night was a pipeline for potent shortwaves ejecting out of the southwest that subsequently deamplify riding up and over the southeast ridge. Counters cyclogenesis with that trajectory, so we're left more dependent on potency of the incoming shortwave. Same issue for 3/4 system as currently depicted. Infusion of northern stream had been compensating.

• Thanks 1