Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 28th-March 1st long duration Miller B threat

George001

2 minutes ago, Chris12WX said:

Well that was fun while it lasted. Guess I still won't be using my snowblower this winter.

Note: count me solidly in the skeptical camp. The 12z Euro & 18z GFS were great because of the 850mb firehose from the east-southeast. That has trended downhill since.

Take note, folks.

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

There wasn’t really any trending to mundane to begin with outside of the euro finally deciding it was time to put down the bong. With that said, other models decided to join the cypher…they’re just not willing to take big gravity bong rips. But, we’re collectively still high and on the same page. 

dude I am baked out of my tits.

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Kuchie isn’t always higher.  It varies with the situation.  

But those 35-40” amounts were a stretch. Lol

i thought the map showing 35-40" was a total over the next 360 hrs., not just the next storm

but what do I know, I am high AF

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Take note, folks.

take note of what, exactly? one guy agreeing with your constant stream of meh? I'll pass

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 9

You know I should have held out for my official winter ‘23 melt. But, I work on a golf course and I was patrolling the track and came across the heard of Canadian geese that has tethered itself to the 7th and 8th green for the entire “winter” season. We all know the validity of this weather phenomenon. Pope for the win. However, this morning’s patrol yielded not one. It’s on!!!! LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Chris12WX said:

Well that was fun while it lasted. Guess I still won't be using my snowblower this winter.

Note: count me solidly in the skeptical camp. The 12z Euro & 18z GFS were great because of the 850mb firehose from the east-southeast. That has trended downhill since.

I'm a bit confused.  Doesn't the Euro still put 10-12" on KASH for the Monday/Tuesday deal?

Edit: GFS as well.

And I do understand your met credentials and am wondering your thoughts

33 minutes ago, Chris12WX said:

Beer?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Kitz Craver said:

You know I should have held out for my official winter ‘23 melt. But, I work on a golf course and I was patrolling the track and came across the heard of Canadian geese that has tethered itself to the 7th and 8th green for the entire “winter” season. We all know the validity of this weather phenomenon. Pope for the win. However, this morning’s patrol yielded not one. It’s on!!!! LOL

The geese know what's coming. 

• Haha 2

As long as people are realistic about this storm, I think at the moment things look pretty good. You gotta let go of the HECS idea though if any of you are still thinking it’s likely…that isn’t happening unless that second shortwave speeds up today and we start seeing that phased solution again. But this can still be a major storm…things need to go right for that.  

At the moment, I’m just trying to get a minimal warning event in here. 

• Like 3

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

As long as people are realistic about this storm, I think at the moment things look pretty good. You gotta let go of the HECS idea though if any of you are still thinking it’s likely…that isn’t happening unless that second shortwave speeds up today and we start seeing that phased solution again. But this can still be a major storm…things need to go right for that.  

At the moment, I’m just trying to get a minimal warning event in here. 

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I think many are currently in line for at least a decent event and should be cautiously optimistic.

the big historic solutions disappeared as quickly as they showed up though, so if anyone took the cheese yesterday, they should probably readjust quickly 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

I truly have no idea what you are talking about.

Well for 1...I haven't used my snowblower this winter.

2. something about this modeled system isn't sitting right. It's a unique set-up as modeled. The primary LP tracks to Montreal while the secondary forms of ACY and never gains any latitude. 

Not saying that unique set-ups can't produce, I'm just saying that I'm currently expecting 6" strung out over like 24 hours. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

That's a sig block incoming, peaking right around this storm's closest approach. Strongest -NAO we have seen all season.

Great for coastal SNE and Northern Mid Atlantic. Too much of a good thing for the northern folks, is my take. 

nao.gefs.sprd2.png

if the storm gets suppressed even further south the meltdowns will be epic. May need to call in a crisis mental health team if that happens..

2 minutes ago, Chris12WX said:

Well for 1...I haven't used my snowblower this winter.

2. something about this modeled system isn't sitting right. It's a unique set-up as modeled. The primary LP tracks to Montreal while the secondary forms of ACY and never gains any latitude. 

Yea that's the bite of this for Pike North. I mean there's no curling (bending back) as it hits the Atlantic, the strength of the block increases greatly from that point.

gfs-ens_z500_mslp_atl_21.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

if the storm gets suppressed even further south the meltdowns will be epic. May need to call in a crisis mental health team if that happens..

We'll see. I believe this one will spread the love, "so to speak". Hit the areas hardest who have seen the worst snowfall deficits. 

I strongly doubt a persistence outcome. The significant -NAO alone says this event is quite different than the recent past, at least going back to mid December.

• Like 4

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

Then why does the EPS mean have a bend north and west (this trended at 6Z).  GEFS often go S and E.

Your best bet is to hope the strength of the block and confluence is over modeled or it will be a nothing burger basically up here if thats what your looking for, I don't feel it for this one.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

That's a sig block incoming, peaking right around this storm's closest approach. Strongest -NAO we have seen all season.

Great for coastal SNE and Northern Mid Atlantic. Too much of a good thing for the northern folks, is my take. 

nao.gefs.sprd2.png

14 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

nao.gefs.sprd2.png

Would that block allow the other shortwave to catch up and phase, or is that still unlikely?