• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

Those of you who want to drive to....something on Friday, I recommend driving your car along the spine of the Alleghenies up U.S. route 219.  Probably gonna want at least 3 ambulances trailing you (that way, if one crashes, the 2nd ambulance can tend to the injured and the 3rd one can continue to trail you).

870445456_index(2).thumb.png.279be363365beeebd9ea34fda5cea92f.png

• Haha 4

Stopped following model threads.  Check in about once every 3-4 days.  Was not the upcoming Friday storm portrayed Once Again, as a coastal several days ago but now 350  miles inland?

Nothing changes when nothing changes. As long as people support and even adore models then no progress will occur.  Stop accessing them so fervently and maybe things change.

Models Do Not predict weather -they give ever changing examples of it.  Guess work to cover All The  Bases, not really science . 

44 minutes ago, CAPE said:

GEFS in the LR is advertising a -EPO/WPO driven pattern with AO/NAO around neutral and a neutral PNA. That would bring some cold.

I'll take that.  Putting my home on the market next month.  Snow is way too much to ask for in this region, it appears, so if I can avoid having to mow before April I'll consider it a win.

14 minutes ago, Heisy said:

This is what you want to see in March. A retrograded block can cause some crazy stuff to happen in March. You pin that block there and any incoming energy would dig and dig under it. This probably would have lead to a really big event. Though this looks a lot better than GFS
1698d35ad1cc025214ee4eab4b07b0e9.jpg

Gfs has the setup. Op splits the energy and one wave gets suppressed and the next one remains weak and slides to our north without any southern component.  

Just now, EastCoast NPZ said:

I'll take that.  Putting my home on the market next month.  Snow is way too much to ask for in this region, it appears, so if I can avoid having to mow before April I'll consider it a win.

Where you headed? Caribou?  only safe bet really