Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

2 minutes ago, Ji said:

You talking about DCA and Bwi? They don't even get snow when the pattern is good

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

let me put my meh-ness with the run in JI-terms. Where is the snow going?

I'm willing to concede there may be a better CAD push/more confluence, yadayada. I do actually care about the synoptics, but I'm losing my pretty colors to the north still, run-over-run.

CMCsad.thumb.gif.2a0f5d45ef301704c47392ef9c22c28f.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

GEFS is improved. weaker vort, but the main change is in the confluence, which is notably stronger and further S over SE Canada 
leads to a colder tick. not amazing, but it's something
1170675084_gfs-ens_z500a_us_fh114_trend(1).thumb.gif.0e3bb7dbee0132d8e75b92a0490ff9c7.gifezgif-5-f8be6351b1.thumb.gif.b87c3e5610b0cff18dd4050982ef59c5.gif
7 more degrees to go!

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

Maybe I’m crazy but…my take on 0z so far 

Icon is the icon why are we even discussing it. 

GFS is still way north. 

GGEM which is always the biggest tease trended north again.

UK is a full fledge cutter. 

We will see what the euro shows. Well I’ll see in the morning. 

At the end of the day this is a problem because the thermal boundary is to our NW as the wave approaches. That rarely works out. Once in a blue moon but rare. Look at day 16 on the Gfs. If we ever get THAT look to day 5 then we have a high probability event I will be excited and fully invested in. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

8 hours ago, WesternFringe said:

If you read LWX’s discussion, they said they had roughly half of guidance showing 30s and wintry weather and the other half showing 70s, so they split the difference and said 40s/50s.  I suspect your local news station either did the same or agrees with the trend of a NW passing system that brings in warm air from the south.

just odd we are getting all this sucky feedback temp guidance wise 

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

Here's the thing I see...can't tell what's going to happen, but even if we don't get the solution we want it seems like all models except the GFS have a stronger cold air push.  Maybe that'll be something that becomes better on the GFS as we move along?

Thanks for doing the needy Randy...   

Driving up to the NYC area with my wife Friday morning to see my folks for a few hours before heading upstate in the late afternoon. Have a surprise bday party slated for Saturday morning.

Not very excited about going to the bday party (my wife’s friend isn’t my cup of tea) but if I can be in a winter wonderland, count me in. Between Monday’s storm and next weekend, they could have two feet OTG by Saturday night.

Nonetheless, rooting for the storm to hit our area. We need it. One more sizable shift south and we’re in the game for a few inches at least. Cards are undoubtedly stacked against us though. Liking the setup for the following week better as the boundary will be further south