• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late February will be rocking. February Long range Discussion thread

Ji

GEFS has been incrementally moving away from improvements in the HL over the last few runs. EPS has only been slightly hinting. Without some AO/NAO help it's going to be difficult to get the actual cold air down here and shift the boundary to our south for more than 5 mins. The ens means range from slightly below to slightly above avg temps around the end of the month. If our last best chance is end of Feb into early March, we are going to need better than that. 

57 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Chuck says that's very warm tho :blink:

I'm with @CAPE...not a torch but not severe cold either. But if we can get that Scan ridging to extend into the NAO that could become a very cold look really quickly. 

Very weak signal for frozen on the EPS between the 20th-27th. Quite different than the GEFS.

eta- that h5 look is one that could work if we are super lucky with timing as cold is on the doorstep.. otherwise with the typical bad luck, it's probably more of the same.

55 minutes ago, Steve25 said:

Would anyone really be surprised with how ridiculous our weather is that we would go into March with the worst winter of all time and then suddenly we get some winter just when everyone has fully moved onto Spring? 

That’s what I’m thinking. It always looks good 10-15+ days away. But I’m assuming persistence will win out. 

See you guys next year. 

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic