Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 15-16 2023 Storm Potential

Baroclinic Zone

24 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Important: numerous accidents on I 84 E before exit 68. Tractor trailer down imbankment, car on roof. Car with front end smashed in middle lane. Just drove by going west.

Just got thru the detour in Union from 84, war zone from Tolland to the state line on 84, CT DOT was out but must have been a little late 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Johnno said:

Just got thru the detour in Union from 84, war zone from Tolland to the state line on 84, CT DOT was out but must have been a little late 

It was just about the iciest I have ever seen it around here in terms of roads . A winter with all rain and no residual road salt will do that. FB just littered with these posts this morning .

WWCOZrI.png5wCp4C7.png

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s the Tolland triangle area. Exit 67-69. It’s well known .Accidents on very single week no matter time of year. Many are serious and deadly . The area there is cursed. Throw some ice in , forget about it 

Split second decision to exit 84 after seeing the billboards for Electric Blue? 

Roads are terrible around here too. Freezing rain on bare pavement, despite being in the 50s yesterday there was no sun to really warm up surfaces after a few typical January cold days.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Split second decision to exit 84 after seeing the billboards for Electric Blue? 

Roads are terrible around here too. Freezing rain on bare pavement, despite being in the 50s yesterday there was no sun to really warm up surfaces after a few typical January cold days.

The Blue could certainly be an issue lol. 
I think all your points are correct and throw in there was zero mention of freezing rain in any local, media , or NWS outlet last night that no one had any idea. Even me the weenie had no idea until I stepped outside to run . This was a recipe for disaster .

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Oh, hrr had the flakes for tomorrow morning so this is a bonus. Just wait until the ULL gets cranking, memorable times ahead.

days and days here....of flurries it seems. Way better than drizzle at least, hey who knows maybe we can claw our way to an inch. I measured another 0.1" this morning, ties for the 2nd largest storm this season

• Haha 1