• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Mid/Long Range Disco 3: The great recovery or shut the blinds?

psuhoffman

for those hoping for a big one with this pattern, probably gonna be a long stretch to hope for that. however, i think this is more of a CAD pattern where we get snow -> ZR/sleet -> rain events which can rack up pretty fast and bring us to at least not well below normal. i think all of us here would take a nice 1-3"/2-4"/3-6" event out of desperation lmao

the pattern does look kinda similar to feb 2021 imo, w/ less amplitude ofc

4 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

I hate those events. Never understood the fascination with them. Get some snow and then see it washed away hours later. Fun.

i understand where ur coming from tbh but for me atl snow is snow so i'll take whatever i can get. living in dc and wanting all snow events prob won't end well so atl imo i just hope for whatever we can get

9 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

I hate those events. Never understood the fascination with them. Get some snow and then see it washed away hours later. Fun.

Yeah I mean you can barely enjoy the scenery before it goes poof! And then you're imagining what could've been, lol (like the storm last year that got yanked NW by another NS piece) Just doesn't quite satisfy, lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Part of the enjoyment is having a snowpack, getting out there and shoveling it, taking the kids sledding and playing in it with them, etc.

6 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Assuming it happens during the day, lol But ya got a limited time and then...splish splash

Ok I’m full tilt right now too but this is silly. Think about what you’re doing. In most waves like we’re discussing the distance between nothing, all snow, mix, all rain isn’t nearly enough to be worrying where that will be 15 days away. 

• Like 3

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Ok I’m full tilt right now too but this is silly. Think about what you’re doing. In most waves like we’re discussing the distance between nothing, all snow, mix, all rain isn’t nearly enough to be worrying where that will be 15 days away. 

Oh no I wasn't talking about a specific threat. Someone commented on the setup in general and why some like the thump-rain scenarios.

1 hour ago, osfan24 said:

Part of the enjoyment is having a snowpack, getting out there and shoveling it, taking the kids sledding and playing in it with them, etc.

We don’t live in an area that excels at retaining snowpack for long periods of time. Even those living in the mountains of northern carroll suck at retaining their pack. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Keep the faith ladies. Have a pretty good feeling that we’ll be able to eek a win or two out of this upcoming pattern. My main concern is the duration of said pattern change. How long do we get the -EPO and some relief from the PAC onslaught? Do we get a couple of weeks? A few days? That’s my main concern. Any relief we’ve gotten from the PAC as of late has been very short lived. Hoping we can get at least 2-3 workable setups out of this. Nice to see the GEFS move toward the EPS / GEPS over the last couple of days and not the other way around.

17 minutes ago, Ji said:
2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:
If I can snag 20 more inches this year I will run down my street naked. And no one wants to see that. Just saying. 

You have zero right?

I have zero.  Yes yes I do.  And no functioning gauges.  Not a one

• Haha 1