Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Friday, January 6, 2023 Light snow event

weatherwiz

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Rates just aren;t that good here. Everything whitening up, but we're prob more in line for a sloppy inch (maybe two) than the 3-4" I was hoping for. But we knew we'd need the rates for it.

Radar still blossoming though, but I think it looks a bit better for northeast MA than here.

'Bout time...

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

That's unusual but I am west of the river and you are east of it?  strange.  in that storm a few weeks, that I was out of town for, you had about 11 inches but apparently there was only 4 or 5 here. 

snow lightening which probably means thats about it.

Well it’s hard to tell on the ground. I think it looks more wintry in the trees up here. So you may have a slightly warmer temp, but more QPF.

• Like 1

Been hovering at 32.4F pretty much all day. Looks like an inch or so on non-paved surfaces, but it did accumulate on the asphalt too, but less than an inch. Just enough for me to get out there and shovel it off. Looks like more at the cabin. I'm eyeballing about 2 inches, maybe a little more. Temp up there hovered around 31 throughout the day.

Very light snow began 9 AM, several hours earlier than forecast - probably the lower level wasn't as dry as expected.  Still light and about 2/3" so far and one more area of echoes now overhead.  Woods look really nice, though yesterday's hours of FRDZ made for better catchment o the twigs.

This morning at my first look at the bird feeders, I noted a downy woodpecker clinging to the lowest of the containers and not moving at all, with tail and beak touching the metal.  Made me wonder if it had died there, but later there were 2 blue jay gluttons there and no feathers on the ground, so I guess the little hammerer had decided to sleep next to breakfast.

Just now, TalcottWx said:

Decided to take 495 and loop around the south end of the city. My final destination is actually my buddy's house in weymouth. Not interested in sitting in rush hour snow traffic. Interestingly enough, echos are blowing up in the direction I'm driving. Snow growth improving in Hopkinton. Rates picking up. 

Stay safe posting and driving, in snow. 

3 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

Decided to take 495 and loop around the south end of the city. My final destination is actually my buddy's house in weymouth. Not interested in sitting in rush hour snow traffic. Interestingly enough, echos are blowing up in the direction I'm driving. Snow growth improving in Hopkinton. Rates picking up. 

Snow becoming moderate. Vis below 3/4. 495s in Milford

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

Hardest snow yet inMilford/Bellingham, but zero grassy accum. Must have recently flipped. 

It's been pretty shit snow growth most of the day here...I'm about 6-7 miles north of there with a little more elevation and it's like a half inch on grassy surfaces and non-pavement.