• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 22-23, 2022: Warm Rain to Arctic Chill

WxUSAF

I know y’all are not having the best time with mixed precip or rain, but let me just say this is the most painful two inches of snow ever out here in Missouri.

Hours of pixie dust, maybe 1.5 hours of mod snow. Everything has blown and drifted. It looks like the first snow of the year… in the Dakotas. Like someone poured a big old bowl of sugar on everything. All the roofs are blown clean of snow!

And I’m about to go out in -27F wind chill.

Hope you guys stay warm when the temps crater.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, IronTy said:

Front appears to be passing Cumberland right now.  It's getting really windy and the temps are bouncing up and down 5F depending on which pass we're driving through.  Meadow mountain at 9F :lol:

Just a heads up...traffic cams past Frostburg show some rough driving conditions.  Just tire tracks visible 

22 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

It's currently raining pretty good here with a temp of 43, seems to me at the least there will be some icy spots since the wind won't dry everything out before the temp drop...not sure about snow back this way though....typcially this area is the dead zone for this stuff

Yeah, just fed the birds, and it is a lake of standing water around my house and on the driveway.  I guess even if it doesn’t snow a bit it’s gonn be treacherous for a bit - legit flash freezes are rare. Interesting to see one maybe.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

Just a heads up...traffic cams past Frostburg show some rough driving conditions.  Just tire tracks visible 

I concur.  Just west of cumberland and it's down to 25F, very windy and moderate snow.roadsnhavent caved yet but as we get west maybe that'll change.  Meadow mtn now down to 7F :mellow:

16 minutes ago, Potvinsux said:

You should get light snow most of the day there.  Radar won't show the lighter upslope events, unfortunately.  Make sure to cover everything if going out to the slopes today!

That’s a good point. I brought plenty of layers and coverings with me, and I usually have to take breaks anyways.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic