• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

Wow big change. I’d like to see 00z show that too. Not sure if it’s just that a s/w is in a different spot downstream and keeps the PNA higher or what.  It does at least help confirm the trough not digging into it the Baja. 

I do want to see the PV further south though. Not that we need arctic air but for confluence purposes would want to see that further south and not retreat north. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Wow big change. I’d like to see 00z show that too. Not sure if it’s just that a s/w is in a different spot downstream and keeps the PNA higher or what.  It does at least help confirm the trough not digging into it the Baja. 

I do want to see the PV further south though. Not that we need arctic air but for confluence purposes would want to see that further south and not retreat north. 

Seems like the EPO ridge is staying further east on the EPS and not retrograding back to WPO territory. It also stays quite poleward which helps.  That sucker is way up into the east Siberian sea 

3 hours ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Edibles? Looks like much of the same.. except, maybe a sloppy few inches that get washed away Wednesday.  Post 2/1 does look colder for a bit at least hopefully we can time out an actual snowstorm to go with it. 

Drunk on Sunday’s again after a squat workout? You get a gfs op run that has a cutter look for a few days and you’re shitting yourself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Seems like the EPO ridge is staying further east on the EPS and not retrograding back to WPO territory. It also stays quite poleward which helps.  That sucker is way up into the east Siberian sea 

Yep and big height changes out west. 

One of the reasons I was saying to Seymour snow why I felt better was the propensity of the SE ridge not to flex on the mean. I’m sure at times it may try, but we aren’t seeing those oranges and reds near the SE coast. Probably related to the EPO ridging being so poleward and also not that huge -PNA trough we saw in December. It’s sort of centered more north. 

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Drunk on Sunday’s again after a squat workout? You get a gfs op run that has a cutter look for a few days and you’re shitting yourself.

That’s a pretty solid summary of my day actually.  We get a good CT snowstorm in early February and we are naming it the runnawaywolf storm. Until then I’m cautious. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

One of the reasons I was saying to Seymour snow why I felt better was the propensity of the SE ridge not to flex on the mean. I’m sure at times it may try, but we aren’t seeing those oranges and reds near the SE coast. Probably related to the EPO ridging being so poleward and also not that huge -PNA trough we saw in December. It’s sort of centered more north. 

Yea. It looks like an overrunning west to east pattern. 

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

1EF23173-D60F-45A7-B024-BF9DFE0BCDA5.png

That’s my 5 day window, and hopefully more after that.  Looks solid for now! 

• Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

@ORH_wxman I haven’t looked at MJO stuff but I wonder if a s/w placement change sort of caused those abrupt changes? I’m on my phone and can’t really analyze.  

I haven’t looked at any of the hovmoller charts but I know the gfs was being a lot more aggressive taking MJO into phase 4 on the RMM plot while EPS was killing the wave into the COD. So not sure if that is playing a role. 

20 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

Nothing but Miller A tracks. Razors-edge on p-type. Call them what you want - SWFE, inside runners, what-ever...
Not a good way to run a winter.
Many chances with each a different fingerprint. Tracking rapid-fire. Outcomes still TBD! Still time to salvage a 1/2 winter.   

Some will cash in, but southern New England is not the place to be in this type of pattern. Central and Northern should do well in the next 10 days.

8 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Is there a way to ban certain phrases? If I hear "initial thump" , " wrap around at the end" "maybe a coating"  "thread the needle" One more time I'm going to scream.

I have a few more I’d like to add “can’t hate that look” “ day 11-15 looks good” “we’ll have chances” “cutter risk”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I have a few more I’d like to add “can’t hate that look” “ day 11-15 looks good” “we’ll have chances” “cutter risk”

Then take a BREAK. It’s a good thing. Check back on Wednesday lol.  Yet you’re here complaining about phrases. :axe:  Makes zero sense. 

• Thanks 1