Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

50 minutes ago, kdxken said:

I wonder if we have a chance at the cloudiest January ever? Got to be close. Maybe a couple hours of sun on Tuesday and then we have to wait until the end of the week.

Yeah, it’s starting to get to me a little bit.  I think we had a few hours of sun this week and that was it.  This week looks like more clouds than sun until the weekend. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The storm tonight and tomorrow looked warm and rainy to Mainey.. and we did get more confluence and possibly a reach around. Maybe this one can something similar?

Not sure about all those metaphors but ..yeah...it did just that for one run, the 18z yesterday ( GFS)...

Since, 00z and 06z went quickly back to the easy scour out bully primary look.  Not sure it can't return but it's fleeting as chances go, unfortunately.  ...may still front side snow for a couple of hours, even though, but that 18z offered an interesting rendition that locked/stranded a cold slab in the interior from N CT NE

15 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Not that it will happen but it is sorta funny to see the trough dig to Baja in January 31, and then a cutter head right up the Mississippi River . Love that deep California trough showing up 

The risk is quite high that we sneak a cutter in there even during these 10-14 days where it’s a colder pattern. But at least there’s real cold behind those systems and real cold lurking just to the north so we’ll have some chances. 

15 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Man…big changes incoming. Doesn’t mean Feb 15 but we’ll take it and not worry about mid Feb onward. LFG.

Edibles? Looks like much of the same.. except, maybe a sloppy few inches that get washed away Wednesday.  Post 2/1 does look colder for a bit at least hopefully we can time out an actual snowstorm to go with it. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Edibles? Looks like much of the same.. except, maybe a sloppy few inches that get washed away Wednesday.  Post 2/1 does look colder for a bit at least hopefully we can time out an actual snowstorm to go with it. 

You did say we have a 3-4 day window lmao. You’re always very much on the negative side of things though most times, so that is always taken into account. 

• Weenie 2

36 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

You did say we have a 3-4 day window lmao. You’re always very much on the negative side of things though most times, so that is always taken into account. 

And that still stands as the SE ridge comes back. Negative side? or the correct side this year since we’ve had 3” of snow. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don’t feel that negative looking ahead. This week sucks, but the models are giving us chances which is more than we have seen all winter. 

We will probably have to deal with cutters too, but that’s just how it goes.

The negative vibe for me comes from the fact that it was post 1/25 looking nice. Now it’s post 2/1, so we have a window of the week of 2/1.. after that who knows if the weeklies and Nina climo is right and we torch? So we need to cash in on that week which happens to be peak climo, but if we don’t then yikes.. 

Just now, Sey-Mour Snow said:

The negative vibe for me comes from the fact that it was post 1/25 looking nice. Now it’s post 2/1, so we have a window of the week of 2/1.. after that who knows if the weeklies and Nina climo is right and we torch? So we need to cash in on the week. 

I mean these next two events looked like shit for New England and now 50 miles away will have a solid pack by Thursday. So things are changing. We’ll get our turn hopefully.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I mean these next two events looked like shit for New England and now 50 miles away will have a solid pack by Thursday. So things are changing. We’ll get our turn hopefully.

Oh no doubt. Just sucks for our area for at least a week. As I’ve said, I’d love to be in CNE right now, I’d be pumped 20-40” in a few weeks time widespread. Get some snow down north then pull some cold down and just just need one storm ideally a biggie and I’ll be content enough.

2 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Oh no doubt. Just sucks for our area for at least a week. As I’ve said, I’d love to be in CNE right now, I’d be pumped 20-40” in a few weeks time widespread. Get some snow down north then pull some cold down and just just need one storm ideally a biggie and I’ll be content enough.

I am optimistic that I can break 2 inches on the season by February

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

The negative vibe for me comes from the fact that it was post 1/25 looking nice. Now it’s post 2/1, so we have a window of the week of 2/1.. after that who knows if the weeklies and Nina climo is right and we torch? So we need to cash in on that week which happens to be peak climo, but if we don’t then yikes.. 

I wouldn’t sell the last few days of January yet post-1/25. Could be something overrunning there…but nuances won’t be predicted yet this far out. I do like seeing lots of scooter highs traversing to our north on some of these runs. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I wouldn’t sell the last few days of January yet post-1/25. Could be something overrunning there…but nuances won’t be predicted yet this far out. I do like seeing lots of scooter highs traversing to our north on some of these runs. 

A positive post for wolfman. 

A very snowy geps and GEFS in the 7-15 for a change.  About half of this comes after Wednesday.  So there’s more chances.. 

8567A0E6-2F0C-4769-A73A-FE7C5D720589.png

A1E56800-C7AE-4BDB-A380-925878736B00.png

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

A positive post for wolfman. 

A very snowy geps and GEFS in the 7-15 for a change.  About half of this comes after Wednesday.  So there’s more chances.. 

8567A0E6-2F0C-4769-A73A-FE7C5D720589.png

A1E56800-C7AE-4BDB-A380-925878736B00.png

Ya, thanks. And that’s all I’m saying. I think we’ll have some shots. Better than where we are now. I’ll take that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya, thanks. And that’s all I’m saying. I think we’ll have some shots. Better than where we are now. I’ll take that. 

It’s easier to stomach if you accept this winter won’t rally back to near average snow. Just look for a few decent events. 

I personally would like to grab a good warning event (plus another event of at least advisory) before the pattern flips back to shit and then see if we can grab a big dog in very late Feb or March…then call it a season. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It’s easier to stomach if you accept this winter won’t rally back to near average snow. Just look for a few decent events. 

I personally would like to grab a good warning event (plus another event of at least advisory) before the pattern flips back to shit and then see if we can grab a big dog in very late Feb or March…then call it a season. 

That would definitely work. I’d be happy with something like that.