Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

8 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

I remember my dad and I plowed that year a lot of the accounts were on the shore and there was one plowable storm all year on the shoreline.  I wonder what date that was? 

In 97/98 in Norwalk only had one storm of 3.5 inches in March. I want to say it was the 20th.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EastonSN+ said:

In December 97? 

I honestly do not remember that one. Maybe somehow.issed does someone have a map? 

It was a system that got crunched south. We were forecasted to get like 2-4” in ORH and then at the last second they downgraded to 1-2” and we actually got zero…not a single flake. But about 10 miles south had 3” and there were some spots in CT that had 4-6”

image.thumb.gif.2ccd74d40a3bacd605f95e9d1964ebd9.gif

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It was a system that got crunched south. We were forecasted to get like 2-4” in ORH and then at the last second they downgraded to 1-2” and we actually got zero…not a single flake. But about 10 miles south had 3” and there were some spots in CT that had 4-6”

image.thumb.gif.2ccd74d40a3bacd605f95e9d1964ebd9.gif

Thanks for this!

2 hours ago, Spanks45 said:

yup, looks similar to the CMC...So we have the SE Ridge flexing warmth and rain back here(CMC/Euro) or a blizzard in the Southeast(GFS). Besides the faux backside snow, we are back to how many ways can we rain and not snow? One of these times we need to flip the script?

It looked nothing like cmc.   Seriously that’s a bad take man...

CMC warm sectored the eastern third of the USA into Canada.

15 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It looked nothing like cmc.   Seriously that’s a bad take man...

CMC warm sectored the eastern third of the USA into Canada.

I was only referring to that system in the 8-10 day. Yes the CMC was rains to Maine, but the Euro had a some well timed confluence. Otherwise it would have been the same thing. GFS was snow and ice even down here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

I was only referring to that system in the 8-10 day. Yes the CMC was rains to Maine, but the Euro had a some well timed confluence. Otherwise it would have been the same thing. GFS was snow and ice even down here. 

Cmc was a mondo cutter into the lakes.  Euro was a fluctuation of the boundary and not by a huge amount.

2 hours ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Ya besides the unlikely snow Monday. Looks like we have to wait until post 1/31 cutter for a chance in CT. Which would be the entire month of January without accumulating snow for 99.9% of CTs population. I wonder if Will can recall any other times that’s happened. 

My guess would be January '07

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

How come you didn't quote any of his tweets talking up the neg NAO earlier in the month? You make some solid points, but same lack of objectivity with respect to pruning tweets to fit an agenda that I see with snowman.

Guidance  for now has some lower height anomalies in PAC NW but also near us too. We can work with that. 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Guidance  for now has some lower height anomalies in PAC NW but also near us too. We can work with that. 

He's right about Feb..no suprise there. But you can't gloss over a more wintry period in the nearer term...especially when the focus of the thread is January. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

How come you didn't quote any of his tweets talking up the neg NAO earlier in the month? You make some solid points, but same lack of objectivity with respect to pruning tweets to fit an agenda that I see with snowman.

I post with what I agree with, don’t think that is odd?

• Like 1

Wow, that's a huge change in Quebec +PP orientation and frontside cold ahead of the 25/26 system in this 18z GFS!

That looks like a classic SWFE 6"er ... crusted over W of 495.

actually looks like 5 or 6" then a 1/2 of sleet and 1/4 of icing over top in interior SNE

• Like 2