• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

I have been hearing this is similar to a strong el nino pattern...which I get due to the overwhelming and mild Pacific jet, but its actually worse IMO....because at least in a super el nino, any modicum or cold that we get doesn't dump west and bleed east in modified fashion over a 10 day period.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I have been hearing this is similar to a strong el nino pattern...which I get due to the overwhelming and mild Pacific jet, but its actually worse IMO....because at least in a super el nino, any modicum or cold that we get doesn't dump west and bleed east in modified fashion over a 10 day period.

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It’s a amazing pattern for SNE cp Rain and by sheer dumb luck we should see some snow 

based on the pattern for next week ..we have a better shot of upper 40’s /low 50’s then accumulating snow W the Thursday deal 

Hi I am from Vermont.  I did live in Methuen for a while and have fam in N Andover, and the travails of your area do indeed suck,  I do get a little sad when you dont think about our plight.  We SHOULD have more snow than you and so often we dont.  Think of the gifted when you talk about snow.  It hurts our feelings when we dont get as much as you even though we ususally get soo much more.  Think about how we feel.  That's all I ask.  I have about 3 inches of very wet snow right now, it's slush that's going to freeze into oblivion.  Just feel our pain for a minute.

fyi I had to google the use of travails and change the text of this statement TIL

The stake is only at 18!!!!!!!!

image.thumb.png.e491f1eb5fdbe9f2fe1e60384f9ca98b.png

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

31 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Just goes to show, all the analogues don’t mean jack sometimes…chaos theory at its best/or worst.  So maybe we all throw the towel in on 1/13….and call it a monster Rat. Worst ever perhaps? 

Feels to me , It’s never been a Really good look inside 7 days for the CP . It was more up and in during December -December climo wasn’t very favorable near the coast and We had a SE ridge to deal with for a bit . now in January the good pattern hasn’t arrived (maybe it will ) . The pattern has looked like it may be real good many times at the 11-15 day range but it just hasn’t kept that look inside the 5 day mark for the CP . So to me ...our results sort of make sense 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Feels to me , It’s never been a Really good look inside 7 days for the CP . It was more up and in during December -December climo wasn’t very favorable near the coast and We had a SE ridge to deal with for a bit . now in January the good pattern hasn’t arrived (maybe it will ) . The pattern has looked like it may be real good many times at the 11-15 day range but it just hasn’t kept that look inside the 5 day mark for the CP . So to me ...our results sort of make sense 

I agree with most of this, but that was a very bad break when we failed with that block.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I think it’s pretty much do or die time by roughly 1/25 on the pattern. We need to catch a break and put up a crooked number on the scoreboard by the end of the month or we’re not recovering to a respectable seasonal number. 

It would’ve awesome to steal a few inches this weekend and then steal a low end warning event next Thursday but there’s a decent chance both don’t pan out which leaves the clock ticking…we are down the final week of January…and while the pattern looks pretty good, you can easily still miss. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

GEM and EURO lock in step....EURO hair further north.

Plenty of time for this to go back to shit.

I feel like that event is a tease for SNE and it will end up north….but as you said, we’re kind of due for one to break right, even if only for part of SNE. But that one has a marginal setup/airmass so I’m not getting too invested. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Yeah mix of of light sleet and snow out there now. Hrrr was too wild, but some precip is materilizing this morning. 

This was not mentioned in any forecasts in CT last night . Maybe up there they had it ,  but it’s just a steady freezing drizzle at 27.6. My shirt was completely iced over 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This was not mentioned in any forecasts in CT last night . Maybe up there they had it ,  but it’s just a steady freezing drizzle at 27.6. My shirt was completely iced over 

Some of the high res models hinted at it, hrrr was most bullish. Not sure about official forecasts, but they probably didn't have much anywhere.