• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

Will sort of tried to get ahead of the Melts that will occur by being very cautious on the next two upcoming threats and even the third . But he knows it’s no use if we gonna rain in SNE for most of this stretch .

The First system has the most favorable potential for winter weather in northern 1/2 of SNE and then it’s a matter of how progressive the second system is on Monday since there is no semblance of a high pressure like at least the Thursday nite / Friday deal has . 

So ski country really needs to hope it can tick a bit more progressive and VT looks to have best shot to me .

The third system at day 8-8.5 is still far enough out that there is winter hope 

Im really hoping the Monday storm can be solid for the resorts 

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Will sort of tried to get ahead of the Melts that will occur by being very cautious on the next two upcoming threats and even the third . But he knows it’s no use if we gonna rain in SNE for most of this stretch .

The First system has the most favorable potential for winter weather in northern 1/2 of SNE and then it’s a matter of how progressive the second system is on Monday since there is no semblance of a high pressure like at least the Thursday nite / Friday deal has . 

So ski country really needs to hope it can tick a bit more progressive and VT looks to have best shot to me .

The pattern has changed from mild Rainers to cooler Rainers to central Mainers. The one difference is the Friday snow in SNE and farther North Thursday 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Yeah it’s not a good look…esp 1/23. Maybe we get lucky and it trends more progressive but I’d count on that one being rain just about everywhere unless I was maybe in N VT where there’s a reasonable chance it stays snow. 

1/25 has a better chance to produce for SNE but even that one is still prior to the PV really dipping south. 

17 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

...More high fives at the gym this morning...dudes watching the weather and saying how "lucky we are this winter having no snow"..."Yeah, we just have to get to March and we will be on to spring weather"

I would have dropped a dumbbell on their foot. Nothing more infuriating than hearing that stuff and seeing people laughing and celebrating 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

06z eps is a nice track for NNE for 1/23. This is def their pattern over the next week or so. Maybe beyond too depending on where the gradient eventually settles 

9B95C8CC-2387-4308-8433-3EF65AB99AC1.png

564124C4-7106-406F-A124-D03DBE62ED0C.png

as Brian said, just hoping for a good front end thump here before the slot and driz.  Pretty strong low so the thump could be good and the storm strenghtens in NE, not down off Jersey.  Maybe this trends a little better.

34 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I would have dropped a dumbbell on their foot. Nothing more infuriating than hearing that stuff and seeing people laughing and celebrating 

Dude, I dropped like a 10lbs plate on my foot from off of the squat rack a few months ago....I can't believe I didn't break it. I still have a portion of my toenail that is discolored. I squat with no shoes, too, so thankfully I didn't have my shoes off yet.

1 hour ago, Cold Miser said:

...More high fives at the gym this morning...dudes watching the weather and saying how "lucky we are this winter having no snow"..."Yeah, we just have to get to March and we will be on to spring weather"

I hear it every day from coworkers, most of which live in CT/MA.  Every meeting starts with weather talk and "fingers crossed we only get rain."   Move to Florida

• Like 2
  • Sad 1