Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

18 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Can see a clear difference in nrn stream vs  no nrn stream on the GEFS vs EPS. 

Yep....that is the key in this one...if we trend toward less northern stream insert, then we can punt this one to the moon.

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol..we know where this is headed I think. 

right where this entire winter is going....Using animal movement from just last night, I had a bobcat, coyote, fox, opossum, and a raccoon ping on the same camera. They think or know spring is here or right around the corner.

• Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Mjo is still in 7

That's why it's warm and the storm might end up being warm. The lag should be a week so give or take the last week of January 

Ya…I wouldn’t be resting my hat on that either.  If we lose 3 more weeks, and get nothing(which is very possible) that’s not a good thing.  

Next week is far from certain obviously, but as Luke said, the 80’s seem to be back now, and in that decade whatever could go wrong did. And we seem to be back to that again unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol..we know where this is headed I think. 

Most day 9 potential storms don't work out so it wouldn't be surprising. But who knows...maybe something else breaks favorable like Monday or the 1/11 system comes back from the dead.

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Most day 9 potential storms don't work out so it wouldn't be surprising. But who knows...maybe something else breaks favorable like Monday or the 1/11 system comes back from the dead.

I think we see something in the 11th-16th time frame.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

????It’s snowing 

Lol…I’m glad it’s snowing for you, but it’s not going to amount to much is my point. Radar looks like garbage for CT.  This is just about over for us. We’re gonna miss out on 99% of what happens later on. East and northeast has a shot at a few inches.

Gotta hope something breaks right for us Monday Or Friday next week. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yes, not surprised at all. Lots of moving parts. Very low expectations obviously. Can’t seem to catch a break so far. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I typically warm up the special teams unit on MLK weekend. If we can’t move the ball past our own 25yd line by the end of Jan, then I waive them annoyed regardless of down and distance.

Punted in December and standing on the sideline helpless as the opposition drives down the field like Jim Harbaugh in a big game. 

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I really feel bad for the folks in Northern Maine, There taking it on the chin with the lack of snow up there.

Depth.png

It's a big problem economically.  The big ski resorts can withstand a bad season.  The towns in Northern/Western ME rely on the winter economic boost to survive.

• Like 2