Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Preliminarily ... a medium impact partial Miller B, Friday

Typhoon Tip

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Most of SNE is under an inch of qpf through 84h....that isn't really going to do much outside of like the highest terrain well in the interior. We need that H5 protrusion to start curling back to the NW a bit earlier for the good dynamics like the NAM did.

Here's what I was talking about....look at the NAM whil it is still south of New England:

image.png.c731b8e37bfe655c2781a65af7484c63.png

Here is the Euro at the same time...note the lack of "curl" in the H5 heights south of NE. It's not really doing it until it's almost overhead which keeps us without good dynamics.

image.png.5a4c9d95c8ff51a204c61ab7d8be38c7.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Certainly a shift SE from 00z and even 6z. I guess question is strength as at least the Messenger ticks have started .

LmDP6iB.pngZXbRNjW.png

That’s a huge shift in one run SE. But who the hell knows anymore?  It’s still only Tuesday…Friday is an eternity away it seems in regards to this thing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

NAM tickled NW....it is still dumping good snow though over interior elevations. The antecedent airmass just is a lot better on the NAM than some other guidance.

Do you think it(the NAM) has the better idea on the airmass Will?  I mean that high to the north is in a good spot, gonna be funneling in the cold Thursday night…I mean it makes sense..no?   

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Do you think it(the NAM) has the better idea on the airmass Will?  I mean that high to the north is in a good spot, gonna be funneling in the cold Thursday night…I mean it makes sense..no?   

I've expected the antecedent airmass to show up colder on guidance as we get closer....so yeah, I think the NAM would make some sense on that aspect. But the caveat is assuming no more NW ticks....if we're tracking the 925 low over interior SNE like the Euro did, that's not gonna cut it. We need it to track over or SE of LI to the Cape roughly to keep interior SNE mostly snow.

But even on a Euro track, I'd still expect it to try and tick colder on the front end as we get closer. We just would flip to rain on the Euro even in a colder antecedent airmass.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rgwp96 said:

3k is way colder here than regular 18z Nam .  Does that make any sense? 

We'll see if it's full of crap...but theoretically the higher res models should be able to handle the BL better than the others. The warmth is from ground-up in this one....it's plenty cold at like 850-900 for a chunk of the time when heavy precip is falling.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Man, either GFS is gonna score a great coup or get embarrassed. This is less than 3 days out now and it’s way SE of other guidance. It often gags on coastals. 

Dilemma ...  It's both true.   The bold, and that fact that it has 300 years of climate backed inference to suggest a cyclone should not move headlong into a -NAO blocking with being shunted E. 

• Like 1