Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Preliminarily ... a medium impact partial Miller B, Friday

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, SJonesWX said:

i love the part up towards Canaan where the trail goes betweeen the 2 rocks/small cliffs, from there up to the lake is awesone. but I love driving by Webster lake on the southern end as well

it is rare to even get out before New Years. but this trail, most of it holds on to snow pretty well. it is an old railbed, so it is really flat and grooms well. there are 3 or 4 clubs that groom it, and they get out there early and often. there are plenty of trails off the rail bed, but they can suck especially early season. there are a couple restaurants more or less on the rail trail, so it is a nice shakedown cruise to get the off-season cobwebs out

I've been wanting to get down and ride it, I'm only 45-50 minutes from the trailhead in Lebanon.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Be careful with the 10:1 maps. That kilo of coke will distributed many times on here I am sure.

Yeah you'd prob get 10 to 1 (and maybe even slightly better if it's 31-32 with good growth) in the 1000 foot hills but I'd go 6 tor 7 to 1 in the valley on that type of look.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah you'd prob get 10 to 1 (and maybe even slightly better if it's 31-32 with good growth) in the 1000 foot hills but I'd go 6 tor 7 to 1 in the valley on that type of look.

Most storms here when i do core samples being on the coastal plain run 7-9:1 unless were isotherm right to the ground, This one may be no different.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Hopefully Xmas isn't ruined snowwise...first holiday season that my oldest knows what is going on and I expected a snow. This is why I melted yesterday...not because I think the season is ruined or anything.

Sucks.

Absolute cannot catch a break

Too far NE. Too far SE. the storm for 12/23 will hit just right. 

IF you want to know what to look for on other model runs to get a thump over the interior....look for the ML warm front being quite sharply defined and slowing down as it approaches us...that's when you get that really strong omega burst and it helps with dynamic cooling. We always say "look at that bent-back ML WF"....here's what the NAM looked like...left image is 700 and right image is 850

image.png.63d0c45343f73b541aab7103d8605949.png

image.png.a066c5a20e7928968356d70ce707bf7f.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5