Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Preliminarily ... a medium impact partial Miller B, Friday

Typhoon Tip

41 minutes ago, dryslot said:

There's plenty of others chances coming down the road even if this doesn't work out up here, I'm not concerned with the look of the hemispheric pattern going forward.

He’s crying like a whimpering lil school girl…saying close the shades when the pattern going into a climatological favorable time looks very nice.    Whiners gonna whine.  

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

06z euro came in a bit better for interior elevations. Prob some decent now for N ORH county that run. 

Euro starting to creep east…a creep here and there over the next 3-4 days could change things for those on the fence.  

But if not, no biggy, more chances coming. Pattern looks nice with shots at storms. We take and appreciate. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

EPS came SE a bit too…these types of shifts don’t really matter for places like BOS but they do for ORH up into SW NH and perhaps even down to places like Kevin..esp if they continue another tick or two  

03CADAA3-25BC-4FEF-A193-E836D63C0324.gif

Thanks for the visual 6z eps clearly did move nicely for Western folks and N orh county 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Thanks for the visual 6z eps clearly did move nicely for Western folks and N orh county 

See those members that string out from like S of LI toward ACK.....if we can get those to be closer to reality, then I think ti would be game-on for ORH back into Berks and maybe even parts of 495 belt down to Kevin.....though I think those peeps would want an extra half-tick beyond that. But east-facing slopes are the place to watch on this because they will get some extra orographic assist for cooling that 900-975mb layer. I've seen it many times where it looks like it could be 37F catpaws but they slam 32-33 parachutes (think Dec 5, 2020 as one example with an even more putrid airmass than this one)....the track is still key though. In that 12/5/20 event, the track was ideal. We just had an awful airmass. In this one, the airmass is a little better but the track is still hugging a bit too close for comfort.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Lol....maybe....or 2nd Dec '96 storm. The synoptic setup is actually not terribly different from that storm

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/fxg1/NARR/1996/us1208.php

I knew we would get one like that this month...lets get it out of the way now, while there is till time to recover prior to Xmas.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

EPS came SE a bit too…these types of shifts don’t really matter for places like BOS but they do for ORH up into SW NH and perhaps even down to places like Kevin..esp if they continue another tick or two  

03CADAA3-25BC-4FEF-A193-E836D63C0324.gif

Will, thanks for sharing. What is the SE jog a function of? Is it related to the relaxed ridge downstream or the parent low weakening and/or both?

19 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I was getting ready for work when the 06z EPS came out and it did move SE a few tics, That's pretty helpful for coastal peeps up this way as well as some in Central MA/CT.

Still a ton of work to do here so I'm pretty much just standing near the train door to see if I want to jump on or not. Given the track/temps and fact that the easterly flow would just shadow the heck out of me I'd see any measurable over an inch as a win. 

Get on the board (again) and move on to the next one is my perspective here. NW CT may get smoked though. That's been fairly consistent on guidance. 

• Like 1