Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Preliminarily ... a medium impact partial Miller B, Friday

Typhoon Tip

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Assuming the 925 track doesn’t creep north my guess is Miller state park - or a couple miles east in that area where temple goes from like 700’ to 1200’. Or possible for all snow you need to get west of MHT near francestown / Crotched 

I’m at 780’ near Greenville so maybe I can keep some of the snow that falls.

• Like 2

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

06z GFS was a nice little paste bomb for the interior. 

I def don’t think the interior is out of the game on this one. We’ll want to see the euro come SE a tick. 

The fresh infusion of cold air tomorrow and tomorrow night is pretty deep . I can totally envision the Euro bumping southeast over the next 36 hours in smaller increments. I’m not expecting all snow here at all.. but I do think at least a couple inches are very possible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The fresh infusion of cold air tomorrow and tomorrow night is pretty deep . I can totally envision the Euro bumping southeast over the next 36 hours in smaller increments. I’m not expecting all snow here at all.. but I do think at least a couple inches are very possible.

Good post. Very possible. 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yes. I could easily see your area getting a few inches before a flip. I’m not 100% convinced you don’t get a lot more either. We’ll want to see euro tick SE though pretty soon. 

• Like 1

It may not happen, but it’s been a while since the dividing line has been right around here. Usually it will push way north and west of us while the mountains get dumped on, or everything will sink south and east, and up here be on the fringe.  

some on here have called for an interior, winter, or an interior focused December and this would be consistent with that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

Same here. It certainly doesn't look great for many here, but out this way we've done well with these setups. Even snow to mix/rain is ok with me... just give me a winter type storm

living just above 1,000 here i might be close you being further west might help.. going to watch the 12z trends close today

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

06z GFS was a nice little paste bomb for the interior. 

I def don’t think the interior is out of the game on this one. We’ll want to see the euro come SE a tick. 

I think that's my concern at this point is bomb...or really strengthening as it moves by,  so we're not flooded with ocean air 

2 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

i need a bit east and colder here hoping the trend continues

The track of the mid levels are still not good for many, I don't think it would be able to be for eastern areas, A lot of changes would need to happen and were not seeing them now, But the fence sitters need to still watch.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Assuming the 925 track doesn’t creep north my guess is Miller state park - or a couple miles east in that area where temple goes from like 700’ to 1200’. Also very possible you need to get 20 miles north at same longitude for all snow you need to get west of MHT near francestown / Crotched 

basically watching that 0c 925 Line on euro Overnite Friday 

right over my fanny at MHT. i am thinking it sets up just north/west of here, like you said

26 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

It may not happen, but it’s been a while since the dividing line has been right around here. Usually it will push way north and west of us while the mountains get dumped on, or everything will sink south and east, and up here be on the fringe.  

some on here have called for an interior, winter, or an interior focused December and this would be consistent with that.

please do a snow dance, I am hoping to get my snowmobile out on the rail bed Boscawen-Lebanon before xmas

35 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yes. I could easily see your area getting a few inches before a flip. I’m not 100% convinced you don’t get a lot more either. We’ll want to see euro tick SE though pretty soon. 

I’m leaning to keep expectations in check . I’m not terribly concerned about Euro as it typically always waits until the last 48 hours to slide ESE. Just hoping to grab a few 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m leaning to keep expectations in check . I’m not terribly concerned about Euro as it typically always waits until the last 48 hours to slide ESE. 

I will say GEFs are more amped it seems which is a bit of a red flag. I could see a couple inches there before a flip, but I think being further

north is key. Like Hubbdave for example. Embrace the natural car wash. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

right over my fanny at MHT. i am thinking it sets up just north/west of here, like you said

please do a snow dance, I am hoping to get my snowmobile out on the rail bed Boscawen-Lebanon before xmas

I walk that trail all the time, and bike it sometimes.  Really beautiful.  I will dance....

Unusual large scale synoptic evolution in having such a large vortex anomaly centered over Michigan (~) while a -NAO flex takes place over the western limb ... is not doing the models any favors. 

This is down to small scale differences, but the differences between the GEFs and EPS (GEPs) are on either side of the proverbial fence.   The 00z/06z GEF blend would almost undoubtedly flip the interior to a period of moderate steady snow once applying marginality with the fact that the 850 mb stays < 0C .. This isn't true for the EPS and GEPs... 

SO, ...it's a 2 to 1 contest at 90 hours of approximate lead.  Standard convention holds that we lean toward the consensus...which would lend to the Euro-like notion cold rain after a quick intro of snow/mix.  However, the climatology of NAO ...particularly those expressing over the western limb such as this, is that these things correct S.   So there's plenty of reasons not to 86 the GEFs/GFS solutions...which by the way, are quite tightly knotted as of 06z version, with very limited/no spread at 90 hours taking a moderate cyclone response between CC and the BM.  ...that "tight clustering" aspect makes it weird - 

In either case, this still looks as though the better snow shot is along the axis outlined in the beginning of this thread to me.  Maybe erode that back NW a little in a Euro solution...  But **IF** the 06z -like idea of the GFS wins this... the relative error with 850s less that 0C and height falls and +PP situated N, probably sees an interior snow-rain-snow scenario with greater accumulation concerns. 

I tell you though ... a simple SE movement by the Euro of very little synoptic spacing would go a long way toward making more sense with the NAO.   But the 'unusual' big vortex over the Lakes ...may just make this be a comically rare scenario.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I walk that trail all the time, and bike it sometimes.  Really beautiful.  I will dance....

i love the part up towards Canaan where the trail goes betweeen the 2 rocks/small cliffs, from there up to the lake is awesone. but I love driving by Webster lake on the southern end as well

1 minute ago, mreaves said:

That has to be a rarity.  Even up here we don't often have them out before Christmas.

it is rare to even get out before New Years. but this trail, most of it holds on to snow pretty well. it is an old railbed, so it is really flat and grooms well. there are 3 or 4 clubs that groom it, and they get out there early and often. there are plenty of trails off the rail bed, but they can suck especially early season. there are a couple restaurants more or less on the rail trail, so it is a nice shakedown cruise to get the off-season cobwebs out