Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fairfield County Crusher 12/11-12/12

Go Kart Mozart

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah this has overperformer written all over it. I was pretty struck by the soundings yesterday and the shortwave has always been very vigorous on the models. 

This may end up being a much better event  than we all were first thinking. 

Question Will:  If this(tonight’s system)ends up more powerful, could this positively impact Friday’s potential(as a 50/50 low, pushing Friday’s system further south and east)?

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah this has overperformer written all over it. I was pretty struck by the soundings yesterday and the shortwave has always been very vigorous on the models. 

NAM is really nice once again for CT, keeps bouncing the jack around but the signal is definitely there. I think I'd trust the high res more in this instance given the dynamic nature of this one but there may be some serious winners and losers if you're on the right/wrong side of a heavy band. 

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Question Will:  If this(tonight’s system)ends up more powerful, could this positively impact Friday’s potential(as a 50/50 low, pushing Friday’s system further south and east)?

Yeah but it mostly depends on how strong this system gets after it’s well east of us…what it does is it phases with the 50/50 low and then retrogrades almost over us which is what sets the stage for a colder 12/16 system. But the snowfall totals tonight won’t really tell us much on how all that interaction with the 50/50 low is going to develop. But I think all else equal, we’d want more rapid development when this is just south of us. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Probably a much better event than most will have at the end of the week.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

NAM is really nice once again for CT, keeps bouncing the jack around but the signal is definitely there. I think I'd trust the high res more in this instance given the dynamic nature of this one but there may be some serious winners and losers if you're on the right/wrong side of a heavy band. 

Yeah someone will prob get 3” and 10 miles away could get 6-8”. What I like seeing is the mesoscale lift is kind of getting larger in scale…almost merging at times with the synoptic lift which is why we’re seeing larger areas of good QPF on guidance. There will still be winners and losers, but at least the floor is starting to look higher. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah someone will prob get 3” and 10 miles away could get 6-8”. What I like seeing is the mesoscale lift is kind of getting larger in scale…almost merging at times with the synoptic lift which is why we’re seeing larger areas of good QPF on guidance. There will still be winners and losers, but at least the floor is starting to look higher. 

A little pivot action too as H7 swirls through. Pretty sweet look in CT.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The 3k illustrates that hit/miss  pretty well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea 3-4” there is safe. You may over perform. 

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Maybe we all do this time for us WOR peeps. It’s a good kickoff to the season either way for us. 

I've been writing my final call but my map is a compromise between high res and globals. 3-6 inland with locally higher possible, 1-3 at shore and part of SE CT. Most are between 3-5" inland but we watch for an overperformer in a narrow zone in the state. Where? Most likely northern CT but could be north or south. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1