Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022 Medium-Long Range Disco

WxUSAF

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Kind of an ideal look leading up to an east coast snowstorm, other than a chunk of the PV is coming with it lol.

1671753600-XzHVgrr6844.png

if we cant get snow for that 500mb chart...might as well quit the hobby and watch the washington wizards

• Haha 4
  • Weenie 1

13 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Kind of an ideal look leading up to an east coast snowstorm, other than a chunk of the PV is coming with it lol.

1671753600-XzHVgrr6844.png

The last few cycles have left that shortwave up in the Yukon, which is cutting off our PNA ridge. Not sure entirely what that entails for us or what we’d want… taller PNA ridge would help our storm dig farther south. 

32 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

What happened to letting this storm pass to see how it affects next week and beyond? This is a pretty big beast I'm sure it's messing with the models performance down the road

I bet we get more clarity come Saturday to Monday as the current storm that is coming tonight clears out of the way and the models see the new pattern. We have to see where the baroclinic zone sets up. 

12 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

The last few cycles have left that shortwave up in the Yukon, which is cutting off our PNA ridge. Not sure entirely what that entails for us or what we’d want… taller PNA ridge would help our storm dig farther south. 

I'm thinking maybe that wave drops SE and becomes the trigger for the following coastal storm around the 27th.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

the 50/50 popping up thanks to the increasingly strong block really helps you guys. this is a tremendous storm signal 

if the blocking forces it underneath, there’s basically no ceiling to this setup haha 

2EDC5BF6-9030-4C0E-A56C-14013491E638.thumb.png.f9963403430b08ed5843caabe60f1671.png

We’ve definitely gotten nice trends on the Atlantic side the last 24 hours or so. More mixed out west it seems. I’d love for that ULL to dig for Memphis, but haven’t seen any sign of that. Still time for large changes. 

• Like 1