Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022

dmillz25

32 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Looks like the pattern breaks down before NYE. Pac flow starts to dominate as we loose the epo. Hopefully we score or this was a huge waste 

Maybe not though.  This kind of extreme block is a good sign going forward to better blocking in the meat of winter-- January and February.  Perhaps this blocking needs to break down for a better and stronger block to come along.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

GFS did the best both with track and with strength.

Note-- the Euro was WAY too strong and also the farthest west.

Euro tends to overamplify systems in the LR, which is why its latest run makes me skeptical. 

Not saying it won't be a hugger but I'd be surprised if the Euro's evolution played out. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rmine1 said:

All yucky for the coast 

It was known 5-6 days ago this wasn’t our storm because of the crazy wrapped up primary which ruined the airmass and consistent hugger track from the redeveloping low when it finally did meet the block. As long as we had this easterly flow we were done here. We needed a stronger block or early redevelopment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

It was known 5-6 days ago this wasn’t our storm because of the crazy wrapped up primary which ruined the airmass and consistent hugger track from the redeveloping low when it finally did meet the block. As long as we had this easterly flow we were done here. We needed a stronger block or early redevelopment. 

Ty. I just assumed we’d moved on to the next 

35 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Euro tends to overamplify systems in the LR, which is why its latest run makes me skeptical. 

Not saying it won't be a hugger but I'd be surprised if the Euro's evolution played out. 

Recent years when in a La Nina the GFS has tended to be better with these big events as well as the CMC....the GFS likely because it is much better with northern stream dynamics as a whole and those can control the show in a La Nina.  As we get inside 6 days if the GFS is showing a better dig/better WRN ridge than the Euro/CMC I would like where we stand whereas if it begins too shallow of a dig with the northern shortwave we probably are in trouble.  One thing I do not think happens with this event is the northern stream destroying it and resulting in a FROPA.  We have a bit too much of a Nino like thing going on this season so far with the southern stream

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rmine1 said:

Ty. I just assumed we’d moved on to the next 

The goal was to show that the GFS was actually most accurate 6 days out. The EURO and CMC were stronger and about 50-100 miles too far west with the secondary. Not saying this will happen with next Thurs/Fri Storm but the evolution is different with a LP coming up from the gulf and one coming into the lakes and then timing....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Airmass was marginal too-even places that got snow it was very elevation dependent almost like a spring storm...