Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022

dmillz25

14 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The only thing that we can say about the 12z Euro is it looks west of the GFS through 144hrs with the trough digging a little more near the PACNW.

If it's another coastal hugger it proves something I've seen.... once you get a coastal hugger early in the season you usually see a lot of coastal huggers that season.

If you wanted a true change to a BM stormtrack, you need an extreme cutter first-- something like Jan 1978 OV bomb variety.

12 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The only thing that we can say about the 12z Euro is it looks westof the GFS through 144hrs with the trough digging a little more ne

1 minute ago, winterwx21 said:

Euro is early with the timing. It has a low that brushes us with some snow on thursday the 22nd. 

EURO looks much better to me than last few runs

1 minute ago, LibertyBell said:

If it's another coastal hugger it proves something I've seen.... once you get a coastal hugger early in the season you usually see a lot of coastal huggers that season.

If you wanted a true change to a BM stormtrack, you need an extreme cutter first-- something like Jan 1977 OV bomb variety.

We're only getting a coastal hugger today because the primary is in the lakes. Actually if it weren't for the block we'd probably be in the 60s today with a wound up cutter. 

• Like 1

Yeah I think the timing of the capture will be what models waver on for the next several days. 

Interestingly enough they both (Euro & GFS) have the PNA recycling which means another storm is possible after this one. 

If so that'd be very reminiscent of 2010

4 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The capture is too late this run to really work for us but at least the storm signal is there. 

• Like 2

I'd care a lot more about the upper air setup, ensembles and the storm signal at this stage. Tracks over the BM, more minute details like when/if any capture happens we won't know for several days. Even 72hrs out it can be very fickle. But this has the hallmark of something that can work out very very well for us if it comes together. 

• Like 5
  • Weenie 1

21 minutes ago, Rjay said:

EPS mean track looks great.  It will be interesting to see what the clusters show. 

Looks like a cluster going west of us. Another tracking right over And still more near or just east of the BM. The one common denominator is most of them are sub 980mb.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

We want this to be weaker correct?  The weaker it is the less apt it would be to track inland.

Yeah, the weaker cluster is the one to the west with fewer lows. The most populated clusters track right over us or near the BM. Several lows in the 950s to 970s is unusual for this far out. So a high impact storm signal either way.

45196F53-7351-49F9-8C4B-AA48A2D7D506.thumb.jpeg.1f56a45ad5d8f1a9fb926ac271907eb0.jpeg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Nibor said:

0ec7cb128e5103c6c9c2d01e72b568f2.gif

That there is about as tasty as it comes. 

More chances to come too. This is the first real chance lol. Right on time too, if you ask me. With winter just beginning on the 21st. Met winter is just for bookkeeping IMO. This is playing out nicely. We may need to make some stops for pickups. 

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952f07954c86b5124e0b

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, EasternLI said:

More chances to come too. This is the first real chance lol. Right on time too, if you ask me. With winter just beginning on the 21st. Met winter is just for bookkeeping IMO. This is playing out nicely. We may need to make some stops for pickups. 

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952f07954c86b5124e0b

You might need to turn that bus into a train to fit more onboard. CHOO CHOO

• Like 2

Hip-Hip-Hooray.      Look who just found out about the Christmas Party:         It's Ensemble is almost 100%  now for at least 1" before the year ends.     Lol

We might want to start hyping single digits near Christmas, instead of the snow.

1671105600-tkUmDMDgd9c.png

Some chance here for single digits Christmas AM:

1671969600-Tu1gucYpMq4.png

• Like 2