Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

27 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Wow, nice that it's black. Paradise Pond in LSF was crusty, except for thin part that just froze over... Stayed away from there. 

Yeah in your area, for sure. I always go out with a spud bar, ice picks, and wear a life jacket early season while I check thickness before setting up. Only way to be safe. Can't just go slap on your skates and beeline it for the other shore like some jabronies.

People ice fishing today here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

This is the last 3 weeks mean pattern. Hard to believe we didn’t do better. NNE didn’t do too bad…so much for fearing suppression. 

C2D1FA52-F220-43DD-BC38-D93082081E0C.gif

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

And if you get rid of the transition period between 12/5 and 12/8, it looks even more classic

E55412D8-4996-4138-AA21-D2D7B6310BDA.gif

Epic :axe: 

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

How to get screwed out of a KU in one easy lesson 

Yeah. Mega storm still happened but just not in the way we wanted in our backyards.

1 hour ago, Whineminster said:

Wow, nice that it's black. Paradise Pond in LSF was crusty, except for thin part that just froze over... Stayed away from there. 

Yeah in your area, for sure. I always go out with a spud bar, ice picks, and wear a life jacket early season while I check thickness before setting up. Only way to be safe. Can't just go slap on your skates and beeline it for the other shore like some jabronies.

That's what we did as kids, one of my friends fell up to his neck, on a 5 degree day, by the time we got him home he was an icicle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DavisStraight said:

Forgot you guys missed out in 2015. I didn't get the brunt but still had a nice pack.

Had a real nice pack here too in ‘15…missed the real big stuff out east, but it was no joke here either.  Ya, unfortunately he’s in a snow hole for a lot of the bigger storms there in West Hartford. 

meso guidance for tomorrow's highs is suspect. Too cold. Reading a cold tuck, with the warm front into Bangor ME, and a stronger HP to our south, than to our north. Strange. Been noticing this a lot lately for the short term mesos - it's as though the data assimilation has been to correct for cold tucks this time of the year; but it has "over-corrected".

850's are cooked. The 6z euro is 5-10 degrees warmer than the 12z Nam at 18z Thursday. Sun is out; no easterly/northeasterly winds. Buy the euro, sell the Nam.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

meso guidance for tomorrow's highs is suspect. Too cold. Reading a cold tuck, with the warm front into Bangor ME, and a stronger HP to our south, than to our north. Strange. Been noticing this a lot lately for the short term mesos - it's as though the data assimilation has been to correct for cold tucks this time of the year; but it has "over-corrected".

850's are cooked. The 6z euro is 5-10 degrees warmer than the 12z Nam at 18z Thursday. Sun is out; no easterly/northeasterly winds. Buy the euro, sell the Nam.

Looking at the soundings it's mostly just garbage mixing giving those 2m Ts. Should mix a little better than modeled with some light SW flow kicking in by the afternoon. Even NAM mos is 48 for MHT 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wx2fish said:

Looking at the soundings it's mostly just garbage mixing giving those 2m Ts. Should mix a little better than modeled with some light SW flow kicking in by the afternoon. Even NAM mos is 48 for MHT 

Yea. That number makes a lot more sense. And I'd take 50 for MHT before 45 given the overall setup. 

1 hour ago, jbenedet said:

...and likely the start of at least a 7-10 day span of virtually no true winter weather.