Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

What the fook is that? Lol

Hopefully it verifies because we’d prob do really well in northern stream-dominated Nino pattern

BB247C47-0572-4DBF-ACF0-83A6EF7548A6.thumb.png.3ec8bb9693c0cf5432b316851508b9fd.pngE3D86912-816C-4DE4-9E00-4405930A3B6F.thumb.png.c463f61574397e8d71dc0e9220054c16.png

The pacific looks great on that, massive ridge out west. The current pattern we are in isn’t working so hopefully this verifies. I’m getting sick of seeing a trough out west.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Just looks like a great pac to me so how do you distinguish what features are what enso?

La Niña typically has an Aleutian ridge. Good La Ninas have that Aleutian ridge shooting up into the Bering strait and AK.

El Niño typically has an Aleutian low like you see there with corresponding height rises in the PNA region and PAC NW. Bad El Niño’s have the Aleutian low engulfing all of the GOA and giving us a raging PAC firehose….so even if you have a western ridge in the Rockies, there’s no cold air around. But that depiction obviously isn’t like that…it’s more of a “good El Niño” pattern where the Aleutian low stays fairly southwest and pumps the heights in NW Canada so we keep the arctic airmasses coming down. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There is a signal emerging for the 20th thru the 24th. 

I’m sure by now somebody’s mentioned it…? If nothing else I agree. Want to talk about it further once we got around to the storm thread - so that maybe we can have a place to focus the near term. Lol maybe we should start a new December thread like part II

• Like 3

Kevin and I had lunch with Joe Lundberg back in the day, long time Met, class act.

Get ready, folks. Old Man Winter is warming up in the bullpen. And when he enters the game this week, he's going to be throwing nothing but gas - which you might want to make sure you have plenty of, or heating oil. Snow and cold are about to roam free. The end game of 2022 is going to be dominated by this closer.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Kevin and I had lunch with Joe Lundberg back in the day, long time Met, class act.

Get ready, folks. Old Man Winter is warming up in the bullpen. And when he enters the game this week, he's going to be throwing nothing but gas - which you might want to make sure you have plenty of, or heating oil. Snow and cold are about to roam free. The end game of 2022 is going to be dominated by this closer.

He just blew out his elbow. Tommy John surgery. See you in 2024.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, NorEastermass128 said:

NE MA folks can legitimately gripe. A half inch that melted in the sun by 10am with a temp of 28F didn’t cut the mustard. I used to get annoyed, but now I’m of the mindset, whatever happens, happens. 

Now primed for misses to the south....just can't win.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Edibles 

2 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Yeah but we could still thread the needle. Usually what we hear.

The way I see it is that winters are reverting back to the mean where NNE is going to be making up for those great years for SNE.  Not that SNE will be shut out, but NNE will do better as climo says they should.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

There is a signal emerging for the 20th thru the 24th. 

I’m sure by now somebody’s mentioned it…? If nothing else I agree. Want to talk about it further once we got around to the storm thread - so that maybe we can have a place to focus the near term. Lol maybe we should start a new December thread like part II

We need a mental health thread before we add anything else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1