• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2022 OBS/DISC

40/70 Benchmark

It's fun to have the mild weather when the entire landscape looks like it's on fire.  Just orange and red as far as the eye can see, on every hillside and down into the valleys.

This morning had that direct sunlight on the east slope of Mansfield, while the mid-slope inversion had the fog bank cutting the hill in half.

310852775_10104893877596930_127467458562

• Like 13

I’ll take the gorgeous autumn weather for October…yesterday was perfect., today is cool perfect fall weather ..we take. Don’t need any snow in October in SNE.

When November gets here…then we start looking for some chances especially as the month moves on. 

A friend who has a gorgeous piece of property in Hartland CT, is having a big bash today 150-200 peeps. Steaks and lobster and pulled pork,corn on the cob and Burgers and dogs, and also bringing in a Band(Shovelhead). He’s been worried about the weather…but he’s got a perfect day for it. Should be a great time.  Autumn at its best. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I don’t see the angst of 70+ days. Given we are bent over on energy prices and it can’t snow, why not enjoy some mild days?

I love these days. It’s perfect out.

Here's a brief anecdote ( if moral),  check your Provider rates. 

It's a column usually on the backside of your N-Grid billing statement. Probably similarly placed on most bills regardless of deliverer -  NGrid, Southern Energy .... Consolidated Edison, Duke Energy etc...  That field on your bill has recently (over the last 10 years) become the most important.

It used to always be the delivery charge that was the bigger of the 2. Rather interestingly ... (if not dubiously) the Provider has switched to where the arithmetic (decimals X the average household 1600 hrs), has crept over the delivery service charge - and the gap is growing!  Apparently happening 'under the radar' of people's notice.

Sorry this became a little longer than I meant it... but I think it's interesting:   Case in point.  A year ago last summer ... a couple of "SE" (Buffalo, NY) supplier reps were patrolling our neighborhood, stalking schmucks.  I admit, I did not sense the predator.  Their sale's pitch for .13 kWh was - quite embarrassingly, I admit ... - just a vague reference to some aspect on an electric bill in the moment. Maybe it was more of an intuitive sort of thing, like ... "Yeah, supplier provides the actual electricity - I know"   :yikes:     You have to understand the whole history of the individual in this case. I had always been lucky enough where ever I lived, to not have to deal with an electric bills ...Since taking over that responsibility in recent life, where I live, my home happens to be all electric. Heat, water-heat, and stove/oven ... and everything else.  So a bit of higher number was dismissibly acceptable ... Kind of like a 'slum dog millionaire' effect, only not winning.  Losing

That all changed when I opened a warning for disconnect by N-Grid last April, for an outstanding arrears on the order of 2400-and-change.   Ummm.... Turns out, that .13 number they were selling lasted until Dec 1 ... more than doubled while everyone was distracted ... This happened to others on my street.  It also happened to a friend on mine, ..sort of suggesting its more pervasive; a very similar sort of dubious unrepresented rate hike - not SE but some other outfit.   Anyway, doubled or more.  So there I was, paying my 250/mo ...while the lapse was was reapplying to the total bill.

I'm not one for wild conspiracy theories...but I suspect nonetheless that there is some design behind doing that. If you are the average schmuck just trying to keep head above the overwhelmingly vast, uncategorizable chaotic sea of modern distractions...   Companies have caught onto that 'drowning' distraction, and leverage it to their greedy advantage. 

I think we all know this... Cable companies began doing this decades ago, with big entry deals ... After some time goes by, a partially transparent and very small text appears somewhere on a billing statement, indicating a rate hike ... while the Trade Towers were falling and Pandemics and general dystopian media for stimulus junkies were becoming the zeitgeist.  Next thing you know, your 75 buck/mo sweet deal was ballooning to 150, and since you were on auto-deduct/e-transfer protocols with your bank, you were susceptible to not realizing after a year of it. You now owe them a testicle.   Of course, x-y-z company was perfectly willing to keep rolling the difference back into your acct principle so long as their getting their 75 - until they tap you on the shoulder to collect.  They get to tell you, 'We notified you by mail.'  They got you by the ballz.  Done deal... 

The other aspect that is sort of borderline collusive about it all... Climate Change.  yup -   I suspect that supplier companies are raising rates ...claiming it's because of supply and demand which is a lie.  It's really because they know that 90% of energy is still being generated by fossil fuel consumption, a practice that is going to end in 20 years or ... humanity - pick.  

This is their exit strategy on that industrial dying ways and means.   There are technologies out there that blow your mind.  Scientists have found ways to create electricity out of the ambient air...  Plus, fusion has been sustained in Tokamak research for the first time in recency. So ... tell 'em 'that will never fly' one day.. matter of time.  Somewhere between those necessarily viable innovation solutions projects an entire power grid that is fundamentally different in both infrastructure and supply, that most likely ...sans the SE's and the Duke Energy's and the N-Grid's of the world.  They're cashing in to cash out in other words.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Stein charts say.. where’s the advertised cold pattern? This is literally shorts everyday 

There was also no rain in the forecast for the first couple weeks of October either….if one were to follow his thinking…..3-6 inches later after the first 5 days of the month, and he has major Egg all over his Dry Face. :axe:   Guy isn’t very good. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1