• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Cold Season Thread 2022/2023

bwt3650

Been out of the loop this week.  I ended up in the ER Monday with a kidney infection and have not been checking in on weather at all.  Seems like the ski areas have actually done ok this week after last Friday.  Even today must be a good day to be on the slopes.  Nothing great looking going forward, at least from the BTV point and click.  I'm going to spare myself the drama and hadwringing from a week of missed posts out in the main NE forum and just mark them all read.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

Been out of the loop this week.  I ended up in the ER Monday with a kidney infection and have not been checking in on weather at all.  Seems like the ski areas have actually done ok this week after last Friday.  Even today must be a good day to be on the slopes.  Nothing great looking going forward, at least from the BTV point and click.  I'm going to spare myself the drama and hadwringing from a week of missed posts out in the main NE forum and just mark them all read.

I wish you a fast recovery! 

7 minutes ago, Patriot21 said:

Something funky going on temperature wise as the car only read 37 when I pulled in to the house around 3pm, was expecting to be around 50 today. Weather.com says it is 50 here right now but I'm not sure where they get that temperature from. Is the warmer air trapped somewhere/somehow?

I noticed some of the same stuff driving to my office in Waterbury.  In narrower parts of the valley, the cool held on and then the temp would jump up where the valley was more broad

4 hours ago, mreaves said:

Hope everything works out Mreaves, and wish a fast recovery.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, bwt3650 said:

49 degrees at 6pm on Dec 30th…what a torch.

The mid-slopes are going to absolutely torch tonight and stay mixed.  It’s still 40s at the summits, with the valleys now below the inversion tickling 30s (39F MVL I saw).

But that 1500-2500ft level that’s not valley will get the full brunt of the warmth tonight just above the surface inversion.

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The mid-slopes are going to absolutely torch tonight and stay mixed.  It’s still 40s at the summits, with the valleys now below the inversion tickling 30s (39F MVL I saw).

But that 1500-2500ft level that’s not valley will get the full brunt of the warmth tonight just above the surface inversion.

The auto road profile shows it perfectly 

E0F8F331-38E9-421B-BB09-6987AE9719B4.jpeg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, mreaves said:

Feel better Mr Eaves

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mreaves said:

Hope you get well quickly mreaves!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, alex said:

I really honestly don't remember seeing so many people so sick ever. It's crazy! The daughter of a friend has had a 100+ fever for over a week. Insane. I hope you feel better and that 2023 can bring some health to everyone!

I made it 2+ years but got COVID this week.  I had two rough colds over the past year that weren't COVID, but this one has smoked me.  I cannot stop sweating, ha.  Just pouring sweat all the time like I'm running a marathon.  Fever builds then breaks, then builds and breaks.  Or my body is trying to flush my body and get rid of something.  For the past 3 mornings I've had to strip the bed and wash the sheets, just soaked in sweat and then chills.  My wife woke me up the other night thinking I was going to have a seizure or stroke, she said my face was just running sweat while I slept, like I was hiking the mountain on a humid July day.   Never seen anything like this.  I have no idea what's going on, just keep hydrating.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I made it 2+ years but got COVID this week.  I had two rough colds over the past year that weren't COVID, but this one has smoked me.  I cannot stop sweating, ha.  Just pouring sweat all the time like I'm running a marathon.  Fever builds then breaks, then builds and breaks.  Or my body is trying to flush my body and get rid of something.  For the past 3 mornings I've had to strip the bed and wash the sheets, just soaked in sweat and then chills.  My wife woke me up the other night thinking I was going to have a seizure or stroke, she said my face was just running sweat while I slept, like I was hiking the mountain on a humid July day.   Never seen anything like this.  I have no idea what's going on, just keep hydrating.

Hope it gets better, you taking anything?

Just alternating Tylenol and Advil.  It hasn’t been that bad, just the long lasting fever for days.  No lung issues.  First day headache was rough but that cleared up in about 12 hours.

Feel better dude. I had it the exact same time last year. Flu symptoms and fever were 3-4 days and then I was better, but was tired and didn’t have full strength to really workout or push it skiing for a good two weeks. I have to admit though, you have some impressive timing to wait til this shit weather stretch to get it out of the way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

So sorry to hear that! Get better soon!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

As Paul Harvey would say, "You can run but you can't hide." 
For the past 10 or so years I've been attracting deer ticks by the hundreds (not all at once!), some of which got their ugly mandibles into my hide, but with no ill effects.  Then last month I was feeling extra blah, and 2 days before Thanksgiving had a spell of confusion and blurred vision that had my wife thinking "stroke".  At the ER she spotted a tick latched onto my back and that led the medical folk to test for tick-borne disease.  Fortunately, anaplasmosis is bacterial and quickly (3-4 days) yielded to doxycycline.  Probably the infecting tick had hit me a couple weeks before while I was vainly waiting for a deer to walk by.

Hoping your C19 runs its complete course in just a few more days, at most. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Pretty sure when we said Cold Season Thread we meant snow not cold, flu, and COVID season, but I guess that's all the action we got.

I was sure I had it this last go around after Thanksgiving, but nope just the flu my kids brought home from school. Spiked a 102 fever and had the worst aches I've ever had that night, and I'm just now getting rid of the cough 4-5 weeks later. 

• Haha 2

Bummer, feel better.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alex said:

On more positive topics, jeesus the skiing was amazing today. One of my favorite days. The snow consistency was perfect and being outside in this weather just feels awesome. Sorry you could enjoy it though PF. BUT there will be more. 

Ha yeah I got out for a slow walk with the dog. Got extremely tired fast… but I just don’t stay in the house all day well, I need to be outside.  I’ve heard or have always thought even when sick to keep a little bit of movement and fresh air if possible.

It has that euphoric spring time feel.  Don’t know what it is but it just gets endorphins going.

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha yeah I got out for a slow walk with the dog. Got extremely tired fast… but I just don’t stay in the house all day well, I need to be outside.  I’ve heard or have always thought even when sick to keep a little bit of movement and fresh air if possible.

It has that euphoric spring time feel.  Don’t know what it is but it just gets endorphins going.

Yes! Went out just for a couple of runs because my kids asked me to ski a bit with them after their ski team practice, and I couldn't stop! It just felt so good. Honestly, I wish we could get more days like this, interspersed with lots of snow. Wouldn't that me amazing? 

My son has is first U10 race on Monday. His coach told me 2 days ago that apparently he's REALLY good and they asked me to get him actual race gear... damn it's an expensive sport. But he loves it and seeing him become so much better than me at age 8 is pretty amazing. 

Happy New Year everyone!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Just alternating Tylenol and Advil.  It hasn’t been that bad, just the long lasting fever for days.  No lung issues.  First day headache was rough but that cleared up in about 12 hours.

Try cutting out the advil and see if it helps with the sweating.  Hope you feel better soon.

• Like 1