Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NNE Cold Season Thread 2022/2023

bwt3650

5 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Color me a little skeptical of that 18-24" amounts up high around here.  But who knows.

It's a pasty snow at 1,500ft, every little branch and twig white.

I’d be happy with 6” lol BUT keep in mind that GYX AFD mentions that they expect light stuff today and showery in nature and better forcing to arrive this evening into the overnight. And we are about 6 hours in when the storm is going to last through Monday. Not sweating it at this point. 

3 hours ago, #NoPoles said:

Bretton Woods getting shadowed right now. Started around 8am-ish. Just light snow. I saw Gene posted about having 6 inches already and Pickles posted about heavy snow in Phins area.

Will be interesting to watch the evolution play out

Still waiting.  There's been echoes overhead since late morning but nothing has reached the ground since some tiny mood flakes about 11 AM.

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

6.75".  Hopefully we can keep it going.

About the same here.  Measured 6-1/4 as of 45 minutes ago but snow rate has noticeably picked up and increase in flake size.  Pretty happy so far with storm. Given better dynamics into overnight hours, I bet we make a run at a foot in these parts.  

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

6.75".  Hopefully we can keep it going.

6 minutes ago, EMontpelierWhiteout said:

About the same here.  Measured 6-1/4 as of 45 minutes ago but snow rate has noticeably picked up and increase in flake size.  Pretty happy so far with storm. Given better dynamics into overnight hours, I bet we make a run at a foot in these parts.  

Models have another healthy run overnight.  There was definitely a lull modeled this afternoon after the initial push.

It has to be wrong but the 12km NAM had 1-1.5” more QPF after 2pm/18z today on the 18z run :lol:.

5C5A9612-341C-4E10-A537-6CD8D652D583.thumb.png.0f0f0ae586d6cdaf6be6ff00506d1bdb.png

The 3km was a bit more believable but that’s still good water after 2pm today.

94064D06-B7B8-43AF-82F0-EB828F2224E9.thumb.png.da96fdc799f276c211e8942a5d877a00.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Models have another healthy run overnight.  There was definitely a lull modeled this afternoon after the initial push.

It has to be wrong but the 12km NAM had 1-1.5” more QPF after 2pm/18z today on the 18z run :lol:.

5C5A9612-341C-4E10-A537-6CD8D652D583.thumb.png.0f0f0ae586d6cdaf6be6ff00506d1bdb.png

The 3km was a bit more believable but that’s still good water after 2pm today.

94064D06-B7B8-43AF-82F0-EB828F2224E9.thumb.png.da96fdc799f276c211e8942a5d877a00.png

I’ll take either solution.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

The Bennington of NH.  I think that was probably expected there with the screaming east flow though..

Yeah it’s definitely a local snow hole. It seems that they often get less snow than even Littleton. Pretty much get screwed in every direction - they do get upslope but it’s much much lighter than what we get here less than 15 miles away. Given that we are just on day 1 of 4, I’d expect they will end up with at least some decent snow but who knows 

Well the forecast says the best should be coming overnight... but the radar seems to be drying up so not sure what to make of it. I'm ready for upslope, but this sounds promising: 

Finally, in the mountains... totals have come up by a couple
inches across the board in the higher terrain, particularly
through the higher terrain of New Hampshire where confidence
continues to increase in 1.5-2" QPF amounts as forcing and
adequate moisture slowly pivots over those areas and squeezes
out snow for the next 12+ hours... while areas further east dry
slot and rates diminish.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, EMontpelierWhiteout said:

I think there has been about 2” since I measured. Snowblowing was tough. It absolutely beat me up.