• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June pattern and forecast discussion

weathafella

In reality this summer sucks...it really sucks. And I don't care that it's not "officially" summer because of some stupid position of the Earth relative to the Sun because the highest Sun angle hasn't hit the Tropic of Cancer or whatever. We get very limited time with true good summer weather...heat, humidity, thunderstorms and each ticking day with all this COC crap means less and less of true summer. It's almost freaking July...then as we move through July August creeps up and then some cool (at night) shots come then all of a sudden September is closing in and we get some strong front and BOOM...heat gone, humidity gone....it's all gone. And 63/63 sucks...that's fake humid. It's a pathetic cycle of crap. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 5

Just now, weatherwiz said:

In reality this summer sucks...it really sucks. And I don't care that it's not "officially" summer because of some stupid position of the Earth relative to the Sun because the highest Sun angle hasn't hit the Tropic of Cancer or whatever. We get very limited time with true good summer weather...heat, humidity, thunderstorms and each ticking day with all this COC crap means less and less of true summer. It's almost freaking July...then as we move through July August creeps up and then some cool (at night) shots come then all of a sudden September is closing in and we get some strong front and BOOM...heat gone, humidity gone....it's all gone. And 63/63 sucks...that's fake humid. It's a pathetic cycle of crap. 

Love me some good COC

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

16 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

:frostymelt::frostymelt::frostymelt:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

Take a big deep breath, open wide….and…appreciate the coc. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You are like the inverse of a winter-weenie melting down after Tip acknowledges that we begin "recovery from the solar nadir" around the holidays. :lol:

• Haha 3

NJ is such a special place for heat and dews. I'm down in the Newark area and it was 78 when I woke up and its currently 88/72 at Newark. The heat seems to be over performing down here with Uptons high of 90 already almost reached this morning. 

lol. This sounds like something a frustrated Kevin would write.  

1 hour ago, Saguaro said:

Sun has broken out in western ME. Currently low to mid 70s. GYX surprisingly mentioned a possible weak tornado this afternoon in the AFD.

Never saw the sun here, currently light RA with some distant thunder.  The more colorful echoes seem to be doing the 7-10 thing for Rt 2 points east of RUM, though the cell to our south will be close.

Just now, tamarack said:

Never saw the sun here, currently light RA with some distant thunder.  The more colorful echoes seem to be doing the 7-10 thing for Rt 2 points east of RUM, though the cell to our south will be close.

On the satellite it looks like some kind of pre-frontal precip starting up. Not sure where the warm front is at this point, it was already a mess before moving into NNE. I think we're at the "WPC throws up their hands and gives up placing it" phase of it at this point. Still sunny, making a run towards 80 here now and breezy.