Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May 2022 Thread

weatherwiz

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Sox have had this odd pattern of inconsistency over the past decade...great one year, awful the next...2012-2013-2014, 2017-2018-2019, now 2020-2021-2022.

Because to the key to not getting caught cheating is to not do it all the time.

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Nothing to do with that....those kind of ploys were rampant across baseball. Anyone with a clue can surmise that.

Oooh  k

haha  ...millions and millions of dollars on the line never inspired a fix, huh?  

I know just bustin' ballz...  but I honestly did wonder why there were so Dr. Jeckle/Mr hyde like that - who wouldn't that cares about the game. So I had that sarcastic excuse rollin' around in head ... long before the opportunity availed to snark it out in the open - which you so graciously provided.    Thanks dude!

That Euro run was wonky lookin'...

That giant broad thing - I suspect ... - is the process of filling in the guidance, et al.

I could swear, this happened prior to last May's NW NE heat event ( Or was that in 2020.  I think it was 2020 now..  hm..)  Anyway, the D9 had a cut off along the MA and it never really materialized.  A weakness in the under side of the ridge instead, with S/SE inflow keeping DCA colder than BTV ...  It was a 79 down there when it was 96 in BTV...or something like that.  This strikes me as a similar deal

3 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Sox have had this odd pattern of inconsistency over the past decade...great one year, awful the next...2012-2013-2014, 2017-2018-2019, now 2020-2021-2022.

Started 2019 with the same record as this year after winning 108 games in 2018.

Its really bizarre how the past decade they have had 4 first place finishes and 4 last place finishes… only two seasons in past 10 did they finish other than 1st or worst.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Pouring rain out here.   I thought this was being shunted?

Just pretend it’s full sun out there with men in jean shorts washing vehicles. If you believe it enough, it becomes true. 46 light rain here but it feels like 65F and sunny so the epic top10 spring continues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Why are people seemingly compelled to make this comparison all the time,   "...If this were winter -"

Silly ... childlike might be apropos.   Don't get me wrong, I also think a lot of adults in the world could use a little 'child,'  but as a metaphor for keeping an optimistic vigil, ..willingness to be open minded, see the fun..etc.  But in the former context, as it pertains to qualitative observation of model cinematics ... it's unsophisticated.  

A slow moving non-synoptic thunderstorm drops 3" of rain over a freak hour, and it's,  "If that happened in winter -"

Let's ask the question:  'When was the last time there was a slow moving non-synoptic thunderstorm in winter ?'  

It seems to me, the physics of the leading environments, winter vs [not winter], are intrinsically different; such that the emergence of anything would have to also be physically, intrinsically different. Apples vs oranges...

There is almost no meaningfulness in drafting the comparison... 

People should just say what is really on their mind:   'God, what I'd give to see 30" of snow in under an hour with vivid lightning and 70 mph outflow gust front...with a dangling wall cloud near the right-rear flank..."   etc etc...  Because that's got sooo much possibility of actually happening out here the reality of space-time-Earth continuum's menagerie of events.

That suppressed wave over the M/A wouldn't exist if this were January, because the N stream would be rolling along, governed by Rosby scaled forcing that doesn't exist now.  

I guess to be fair and machine like ... yeah okay, there have been suppressed MA events that didn't involve SNE - in a vacuum, that statement is true. But at that point it also just becomes arbitrary.  

• Confused 1