Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,178
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Fdre1234
    Newest Member
    Fdre1234
    Joined

New England Met Spring Banter 2022


HoarfrostHubb
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Do we think Shiba Inu meme coin is near the bottom? Was going to throw $50 in and see what happens 

 

6 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Just bought $30 worth of $SHIB lol

 

7 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I have 20,000,000 SHIB. Let’s go!

Yes I have SHIB.  And DOGE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, yoda said:

 

 

Yes I have SHIB.  And DOGE

 

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

One tiiiiime!

 

40 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I have 20,000,000 SHIB. Let’s go!

 

44 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Who knows but I’d rather put some lunch money on it just in case. Wake me up in 2040 if the lottery numbers roll favorably. 

2.5 million shares of SHIB and some doge coin too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So far btc holding on for such a blood bath in Nasdaq . But if Nasdaq closes down 4% I can’t see bitcoin holding 28k for long 

Another stable coin scare would get some nice fire sales , thou can anyone explain to me a valuation metric for a crypto coin/ project. These are great to trade but with them going up and down with telegraphed fed printing why would you hold thru a telegraphed fed tightening cycle  . To me that is a whale Marketing strategy to make sure they have exit liquidity . So much of crypto strategy is a hustle in my opinion .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

So far btc holding on for such a blood bath in Nasdaq . But if Nasdaq closes down 4% I can’t see bitcoin holding 28k for long 

Another stable coin scare would get some nice fire sales , thou can anyone explain to me a valuation metric for a crypto coin/ project. These are great to trade but with them going up and down with telegraphed fed printing why would you hold thru a telegraphed fed tightening cycle  . To me that is a whale Marketing strategy to make sure they have exit liquidity . So much of crypto strategy is a hustle in my opinion .

I was surprised myself. I'm guessing it may come later

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone live  near Chatham ? Maybe we can meet up one day next week when I'm out there.

Any good places to eat ?

I will also be traveling to Martha's  Vineyard , Boston and Provincetown  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Anyone live  near Chatham ? Maybe we can meet up one day next week when I'm out there.

Any good places to eat ?

I will also be traveling to Martha's  Vineyard , Boston and Provincetown  

There's a place called the Corner Store that makes damn good burritos. It's moreso a Chipotle style set up though where you can pick the toppings

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Anyone live  near Chatham ? Maybe we can meet up one day next week when I'm out there.

Any good places to eat ?

I will also be traveling to Martha's  Vineyard , Boston and Provincetown  

Hey dude, I’ll DM you a few places. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Dow gonna close down 8 weeks in a row for first time in ...ever 

Nothing to see here - they are just trying to let a little air out of a global bubble and not pop it 

I hope, our retirement account took a hit lately, not retiring for a couple years so not too worried.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who needs to install? I flipped the switch earlier in the week. Was hot upstairs. 
And after 2 years, the Rona finally got me. My 80yo mother came up and brought it. Started a dry cough 2 days before she went home. She was her 4 days so I assume she had it before she got here. Anyway, I got sick 2 days after she left. She texted me on a Tuesday that she had it, I was sick Wednesday. Not bad. I’ve had worse head colds. Lasted about 5 days. Son got it, his was the same. Head cold. Wife and daughter were spared. 
Kinda glad we got it and it’s over actually. 
Mom is fine. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Who needs to install? I flipped the switch earlier in the week. Was hot upstairs. 
And after 2 years, the Rona finally got me. My 80yo mother came up and brought it. Started a dry cough 2 days before she went home. She was her 4 days so I assume she had it before she got here. Anyway, I got sick 2 days after she left. She texted me on a Tuesday that she had it, I was sick Wednesday. Not bad. I’ve had worse head colds. Lasted about 5 days. Son got it, his was the same. Head cold. Wife and daughter were spared. 
Kinda glad we got it and it’s over actually. 
Mom is fine. 

I was the last one in my household to get it.  Wife, daughter, son had it in Dec and Jan.  I tested positive on Weds. yesterday and today I’ve had a nasty sore throat and have felt loopy.  No fever.  I’ve felt worse before but it means I’ve had to miss some work and it has disrupted our household a little.
I can’t return to work until Tuesday which sucks.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/19/2022 at 8:00 PM, HoarfrostHubb said:

Drat.  Spencer Brewery (run by Trappist monks) is closing

I saw that, sad. My old man always wanted to go since moving out here from the 01760.  I didn't realize they didn't have onsite drinks......not the best business model but it is a monastery sooooooo

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Whineminster said:

I saw that, sad. My old man always wanted to go since moving out here from the 01760.  I didn't realize they didn't have onsite drinks......not the best business model but it is a monastery sooooooo

 

Pre Covid they would do an open house once per year.   Their brewery was very large and modern.   I wasn’t a huge fan of the ones that I had tried but they had a large variety 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Whineminster said:

I saw that, sad. My old man always wanted to go since moving out here from the 01760.  I didn't realize they didn't have onsite drinks......not the best business model but it is a monastery sooooooo

 

That sucks , I liked their once a year open house it was a ball.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Day 4 is much better than days 2&3.  Sore throat just about gone.  Less loopy.  Took the dog on a loop this morning.  Feels weird not leaving my little street since Tuesday 

I was over it in 5 days. So was my kid. 
That no smell thing is weird.  I couldn’t smell anything. I mopped the floor with pinesol, couldn’t smell it. Cologne, bathroom spray, you name it. 
I went to an outdoor event last Saturday and used a porta potty. Nasty thing. I could have stayed in there and camped out no problem. Couldn’t smell shit, literally. 
I started smelling stuff on Wednesday. Son never lost smell. 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a scary situation yesterday. I’ve been living with my aunt the past several years. I’ve been helping her out a lot as she has health issues going on. But end of February my girlfriend developed health issues and was diagnosed with a bad condition so I’ve been temporarily living with her. Anyways, my aunt called me last evening that there was a fire. The house is a ranch style condo. So one half of the building is ours (which she owns) and the other side has renters who rent from a different owner. I guess a fire broke out in the attic. Our side of the building suffered no damage. The other side suffered damage. My aunt was very scared b/c we have two cats and she couldn’t get them. But after everything was settled we were allowed back in and got the cats and she’ll be able to return home Monday when the power/gas can be turned back on. I am just so thankful the fire department is 30 seconds away and nobody was hurt. Our neighbors unfortunately lost their hamster though :( 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...