• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Spring Banter 2022

HoarfrostHubb

Cool article where they used NOAA nexrad radar to pinpoint where a meteorite broke up over Mississippi last week. Apparently meteorite hunters have flooded the area and they have recovered a few pieces so far. 

Using the time and location for the event provided by the AMS, amateur fireball researcher Eric Rasmussen looked over NOAA’s Doppler NEXRAD weather radar and saw something suspicious near the time and place of the fireball. A large cloud appeared and then disappeared near the end of the fireball’s path right after the event occurred. This cloud was found in data from three different NEXRAD radar stations.

https://www.amsmeteors.org/2022/05/meteorites-recovered-in-mississippi-from-april-27th-2022-morning-fireball/

meteorite (1).jpg

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lesson for all, no matter where you are you hear horns and see strobes get the heck out. Also when you are anywhere know your exits and emergency escape. People saying they heard and saw horns and strobes but didn't know what they meant usually are the first ones dead. People are dumb

It's certainly not rocket science.  Years ago we were "alarmed" from our motel in North Chicago - son was graduating from Navy basic.  Some doofus lit a cig in the hall at 3 AM and in less than 2 minutes we were outside in the snow.  Grabbed the car keys and scooted.

• Like 3

Will Smith’s event now paying off in such wonderful cultural dividends 

“Dave Chappelle releases first statement about 'unsettling' attack”

…I don’t believe this Chappell incident of brazen audience audacity in unrestrained behavior, is completely without Will’s example to follow. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Will Smith’s event now paying off in such wonderful cultural dividends 

“Dave Chappelle releases first statement about 'unsettling' attack”

…I don’t believe this Chappell incident of brazen audience audacity in unrestrained behavior, is completely without Will’s example to follow. 

I thought the same thing today when I read about it.  So I guess it's now OK to physically assault someone if they somehow offend your ideals?

6 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I thought the same thing today when I read about it.  So I guess it's now OK to physically assault someone if they somehow offend your ideals?

Exactly. And it’s aggravatingly so obviously predictable too, Will Smith setting a precedence for f*ck nut Americana  ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

That photo is not representative of who will take advantage of this .It will be the 45-65 unsightly topless individual that take advantage of this , let’s not pretend it’s gonna be pretty 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Can someone tell me what this gigantic video advertisement that pops up in the middle of our forum page is and how to get rid of it?

I haven't been on the forum since early March and this site is just covered in ad's now. It really slows down the site for me, quite annoying.

14 hours ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Can someone tell me what this gigantic video advertisement that pops up in the middle of our forum page is and how to get rid of it?

I haven't been on the forum since early March and this site is just covered in ad's now. It really slows down the site for me, quite annoying.

Do you need to log back in? Maybe you were logged out?

19 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

That photo is not representative of who will take advantage of this .It will be the 45-65 unsightly topless individual that take advantage of this , let’s not pretend it’s gonna be pretty 

IDK Martha's Vineyard  Gay Head beach was a very sight full experience 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

IDK Martha's Vineyard  Gay Head beach was a very sight full experience 

Steve may remember Moonstone Beach in South Kingston, RI. It was a nude beach till they closed the nude part of it the the late 80's; may even have become a bird sanctuary?  We would take our boat over from Narragansett and beach it right off Moonstone, and then walk the beach with clothes on. Probably did that 2 or 3 times, but even for teens, which we were, it got a bit strange.  

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

17 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, major drops across all markets.  Close the shades for a while. 

Close the shades till the fed reverses course on its first attempt at a real tightening cycle in 13 years . It’s really that simple . They influence valuation multiples with their policy and they influence wether it makes cent$ to buy risk assets or bonds or appreciate house prices or have nowhere to hide .

They gave the market monetary crack since 2009 , and since November they have been taking it away and have only grown more determined in their rhetoric. They will reverse course as the system has become dependent on monetary excess once inflation begins to decline significantly on a year over year basis . The mid terms will offer a political push to change or at minimum pause current course . China’s latest lockdown was basically economic warfare to really screw western countries more into a tight spot since it increases supply chain inflation pressures again .

39 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Close the shades till the fed reverses course on its first attempt at a real tightening cycle in 13 years . It’s really that simple . They influence valuation multiples with their policy and they influence wether it makes cent$ to buy risk assets or bonds or appreciate house prices or have nowhere to hide .

They gave the market monetary crack since 2009 , and since November they have been taking it away and have only grown more determined in their rhetoric. They will reverse course as the system has become dependent on monetary excess once inflation begins to decline significantly on a year over year basis . The mid terms will offer a political push to change or at minimum pause current course . China’s latest lockdown was basically economic warfare to really screw western countries more into a tight spot since it increases supply chain inflation pressures again .

That’s a great analysis WRT the Shanghai lockdowns. I found it all a little bit suspicious but could not put my finger on what was going on. The whole thing was horribly inhumane.  

Yes, the crack analogy is a very appropriate one and it’s not as though droves of financial experts warrant warning people about the Fed’s devilish policies. Anybody who is surprised by this crash was not paying attention.

My stock positions are fairly minimal at this point and long-term and my crypto positions I’m just letting ride because those are also long-term and I know they will bounce back even if BTC goes below 34k.  

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

But, I thought it was about the science?

So my 401 is down 200k since Jan ‘21, unsightly’s can now go topless on Nantucket, and worst of all,  my company put us back in masks an hour ago. 
Mandatory. But we can sit together and eat lunch for an hour until we go back in the lab or at our desk. All hybrid employees can use their own judgement as to how safe it is to come in to the office. 
Im praying we go back yellow soon. It was a great 7 weeks maskless though. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

So my 401 is down 200k since Jan ‘21, unsightly’s can now go topless on Nantucket, and worst of all,  my company put us back in masks an hour ago. 
Mandatory. But we can sit together and eat lunch for an hour until we go back in the lab or at our desk. All hybrid employees can use their own judgement as to how safe it is to come in to the office. 
Im praying we go back yellow soon. It was a great 7 weeks maskless though. 

just like last year where there was a 4-6wk reprieve around the same time then cases and masks started creeping back to then retreat by July, then head up towards Fall. Seasonality.